***Official Europa League Thread 19/20***

.Williamson.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they're going on about Diego Carlos should have been sent off at the start of the game for the penalty, now he's went on to potentially score the winner but surely that's what VAR is for, to change a clear error like that and look at it for a potential red? Tbh though, that would have ruined the game within about 2 minutes and it would have been Inter's to lose but surely VAR is there to get decisions right that are clear and obvious errors:confused:

9 minutes ago, HG5 said:

So, the ex-EPL player maybe gets the winner at the wrong end, then he and his ex-EPL mate contrive to miss a sitter for a leveller.

What have they got to say about that?

Probably that an ex-EPL player scored 2 goals for the winning side.

48 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Probably just me but it's irritating me a little how much the commentators and pundits are so shocked that this could possibly have been a good game because it's not English teams or a team like Bayern/PSG/Barca/Real and it's 'only' Inter and Sevilla 

BT's coverage of the entire tournament has been a disgrace. Ince and Hargreaves the other night during the Inter game were braindead.

7 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

BT's coverage of the entire tournament has been a disgrace. Ince and Hargreaves the other night during the Inter game were braindead.

Savage ain’t much better.

While I like Ian Darke, didn’t think he needed to drag in a couple of sellik references.

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

McManaman was god awful as well in the Champions League. I don't mind English commentators on British television based in England being bias towards the English teams but it turned into just whinging 

4 minutes ago, Broxi said:

McManaman was god awful as well in the Champions League. I don't mind English commentators on British television based in England being bias towards the English teams but it turned into just whinging 

I don't mind the bias towards English teams per se, every network in the world is like that towards their own countries teams, but its the whole EPL is the best, the surprise that other countries teams are good is just a pain in the arse. Most of the guys on that network are incredibly dull and stupid.

I find it weird that two of Britain's most successful overseas based players in McManaman and Hargreaves can be like that. Have to say though I enjoy Hargreaves on Bundesliga coverage.

Savage ‘the laws are....’

And no ref ever (with maybe a very odd exception) sent anyone off after 2 minutes in a major final.

Must’ve had a big bet on all his old EPL pals playing for Inter.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I don't mind the bias towards English teams per se, every network in the world is like that towards them own countries teams, but its the whole EPL is the best, the surprise that other countries teams are good is just a pain in the arse. Most of the guys on that network are incredibly dull and stupid.

I find it weird that two of Britain's most successful overseas based players in McManaman and Hargreaves can be like that. Have to say though I enjoy Hargreaves on Bundesliga coverage.

Yeah mate the whole country is so far up their own arses it's unreal. And they haven't been performing well enough in Europe the last 10/11 years to warrant it at all. Liverpool twice and Spurs once making Champions League finals recently but other than that quite poor compared to 8 CL finalists for Spain and 5 for Germany

Archived