TAV

Weemani

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Agree he's started the season slowly but he always does. As for the missed penalty well he hit the post. I've seen worse penalties and his record is excellent.

Tonight wasn't an off night at all. One of his better performances this season.

He was terrible 

9 hours ago, King Jela said:

He’s terrible. I don’t care what anybody says, throw stats at me all you want but he’s fucking brutal. Genuinely think he’s one of the thickest players that’s played for us.  There was a moment that summed him up perfectly tonight, he goes to take the throw in and with Jack in the middle with a man right on him he still gives him the ball and gives him a shitty throw in at that and they go up the park and get a chance from it. 

Clueless.

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He was terrible 

Sadly, and I do mean that, he's getting worse instead of better. All last night I kept wondering if people were at the same game as me. The ones who said he was great. They were targetting him & rightly so. Every chance they had, when Shagger saved us, all came fom him giving the ball away & then being nowhere to be seen. That's what annoys me most... when he gives it away, he doesn't burst a gut to recover the situation. We can't afford any passengers this year.

Gerrard needs to man manage Tav better than he’s doing. He’s an affective player for us but the amount of times he’s run himself out of energy is obvious. He’s never as effective in the 2nd half than he is in the 1st and again last night they could of scored near the end whilst Tav was trying to get back into position from one of his runs up the wing. I also hate the fact that in my opinion our best player, Ryan Jack has to fall back to allow a defender to run forward.

Take him off penalties, free kicks and corners and tell him to be more selective on when he runs up the wing. A bit of pressure on him by trying Flannigan in that position might also do him good.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

Always like Candeias he worked hard whether he played well or not and made up for tavs errors  at the back.

Yep completely agree. Said it in his transfer thread as soon as he left that we would miss him massively, him and Tav had a great relationship and he allowed Tav to play 

Thought Tav done alright last night, nothing special but that was by far his best game this season so far and that says it all

Penalty miss aside (all players miss them) he just looks a shell of the player from last season, hes backing out of tackles & getting caught out defensively again.

Need to find a way to get him close to the player we had last season as hes a massive part of the way we play.

6 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Has not going to be taken off penalties. His free kicks have been shite since the championship season and he still takes them constantly.

Not that I think he should be taken off the penalties tbh. He's got a great record on them, even the best miss from time to time.

He’s missed a lot in quick succession though. I think it’s time for somebody else to take them for a bit.

10 hours ago, King Jela said:

They won titles. How can anybody say Tav is good enough for a title winning team when he hasn’t played a part in a title win yet? 

So Morelos, Arfield, Jack etc all are not good enough? They haven't won a title. Fuck we should sack the manager too.

Tav was poor last night. This season he has started poorly compared to to his stunning season last year. But he is nowhere near as bad as you make out.

For me part of the problem is how much we rely on Tav.  He is captain, penalty taker, set piece taker, he is at times responsible for both defending and attacking down the right flank alone amd he is expected after last season to hit an 8/9 out of 10 every game.

Regarding him being shite at free kicks  whilst he isnt the best he still has goal against celtic from a set piece and the last home game against Livi he got us back in the game with a free kick so he is far from poor.

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

He’s missed a lot in quick succession though. I think it’s time for somebody else to take them for a bit.

Depending on how the game is sitting I'd let him take the next one. Scoring that might give him his confidence back and get last night out his system.

I definitely think the occasion got to him last night too.

Some people need to just accept he's one of our best players and move on. The over the top criticism he gets on here at times is a riddy tbh and there's no chance he's getting dropped, especially when Polster is replacing him - that's just madness tbh.

Even if he's having a poor game or makes the odd mistake, he's still capable of producing a moment of magic to win us games. No other player in the team is capable of adding what he does in his absence.

One of the first names on the team sheet imo.

Archived