TAV

Weemani

33 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Time and space on the ball plays a part in someone being good at penalties? 😂😂😂

Aye obviously it does! He has loads of time to think about what he is going to do if he is hitting a penalty 

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

But we have only lost one game.

I don't get this idea that half of our defence was literally garbage last night as many seem to be saying.

We kept a clean sheet against an established European team, limiting them to a few half chances.

Tav wasn't as good as he usually is, but was still up to the task.

Goldson played a slack pass and for the most part for the rest of the game was solid.

We obviously see games different mate. 

The ball is bouncing off Goldson his touch is woeful his headed clearances are all over the shop. He looks like no matter how much time he has on the ball it’s rushed, in a word he’s struggling for me and should be given a break. Same goes for Tav. 

As for the clean sheet step forward McGregor. 

34 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Aye obviously it does! He has loads of time to think about what he is going to do if he is hitting a penalty 

Instinctive reactions inplay are nowhere near as relevant as other attributes needed for penalty taking. Composure, handling pressure, accuracy,  ability to strike well a dead ball are all far more important. And there's nothing to suggest he'd fail on any of these.

To suggest he's "never a penalty taker" is absurd.

13 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Instinctive reactions inplay are nowhere near as relevant as other attributes needed for penalty taking. Composure, handling pressure, accuracy,  ability to strike well a dead ball are all far more important. And there's nothing to suggest he'd fail on any of these.

To suggest he's "never a penalty taker" is absurd.

Composure and accuracy arent morelos strong points, all tht time to stand n think about what you are  goin to do needs a cool head if he was stepping up to hit a pen i wouldnt fancy him

Just now, Nk89 said:

Composure and accuracy arent morelos strong points, all tht time to stand n think about what you are  goin to do needs a cool head if he was stepping up to hit a pen i wouldnt fancy him

And yet he managed to score his penalty against St Josephs despite being poor with composure and accuracy. Never a penalty taker though.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

And yet he managed to score his penalty against St Josephs despite being poor with composure and accuracy. Never a penalty taker though.

That the game that was 6 or 7 nil on aggregate at the time?? Big pressure that

2 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

Gerrard needs to man manage Tav better than he’s doing. He’s an affective player for us but the amount of times he’s run himself out of energy is obvious. He’s never as effective in the 2nd half than he is in the 1st and again last night they could of scored near the end whilst Tav was trying to get back into position from one of his runs up the wing. I also hate the fact that in my opinion our best player, Ryan Jack has to fall back to allow a defender to run forward.

Take him off penalties, free kicks and corners and tell him to be more selective on when he runs up the wing. A bit of pressure on him by trying Flannigan in that position might also do him good.

He scored a free kick last week, to bring us back in the game, and then we scored from his corner to make it 2-1.

He also stuck the ball on Goldson’s big 50p heed 2 or 3 times last night from excellent corners, just as he did away against Killie to win us the game. 

There’s criticising him, and then there’s just talking utter shite.

4 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

Tav played well last night, I don’t get the constant criticism of him, 

Leads the team well and never hides, 

Honestly mate if you think Tav had a good game last night you are either related to him, blinkered, or just need to stop watching football. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Honestly mate if you think Tav had a good game last night you are either related to him, blinkered, or just need to stop watching football. 

He had a good game in my opinion, I’ll stop watching football due to your expert advice 

2 minutes ago, BoyBlue62 said:

And you do of course .

Tav played well so you are talking shite.

😂😂 anyone that comes on here and says Tav played well last night hasn’t a clue or simply wont let their ego allow them to criticise him  

He was poor and if you can’t admit that then you might as well give up commenting. 

3 hours ago, DBBTB said:

The only people he took dogs abuse from were idiots. We were a far better side with Candeias in it.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

28 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Penalty miss apart, I thought he had a decent game. Not brilliant, but certainly not bad. Made some good tackles, played some sublime crosses. 

This.

Don’t get the criticism of him and Goldson from yesterday in all honesty. Some of Goldson’s passing was off but thought he was great apart from that. 

His tackle at the end was fantastic 😂

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

This.

Don’t get the criticism of him and Goldson from yesterday in all honesty. Some of Goldson’s passing was off but thought he was great apart from that. 

His tackle at the end was fantastic 😂

Thought Tav was quite poor last night. I wouldn't say Goldson was poor but his performances are definitely dropping a bit.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

😂😂 anyone that comes on here and says Tav played well last night hasn’t a clue or simply wont let their ego allow them to criticise him  

He was poor and if you can’t admit that then you might as well give up commenting. 

Tav played well , as did the team. 

Your comments are of no interest to me, especially after last nights victory.

I will continue commenting when I can if that’s ok .

1 minute ago, BoyBlue62 said:

Tav played well , as did the team. 

Your comments are of no interest to me, especially after last nights victory.

I will continue commenting when I can if that’s ok .

Well if they are of no interest why are you quoting me ya bellend. 

Comment away mate it’s bollocks but fire in. 

Edit: and Tav was still poor last night 👍👍

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Thought Tav was quite poor last night. I wouldn't say Goldson was poor but his performances are definitely dropping a bit.

Compared to the first few months of last season I agree mate. Still don’t think he’s been anywhere near as bad as made out.

2 hours ago, Nk89 said:

That the game that was 6 or 7 nil on aggregate at the time?? Big pressure that

He scored in the scenario you said he was no good at ya muppet 😂.  When he scores a penalty you play it down, when we talk about penalties you talk about aspects of open play. Whilst also ignoring the accuracy and composure that makes him top scorer in the country.

There is simply nothing to back up that the claim that he would never be a good penalty taker for us.

4 hours ago, Vanoli said:

Defoe should be on pens whenever he's on the park

Agreed mate......... FWIW I think the criticism of Tav from some on here is well OTT.

He played his part - a captains part - in a fantastic win for our club last night.

Not his best game last night but on his day he’s by far the best full back in the league. But I do think we need another right back good enough for the first team to provide competition and also give him chance to rest. I don’t have the stats but he must have played a ridiculous amount of games over the last few seasons, with very little rest due to our pre seasons starting so early because of the EL qualifiers. He often looks exhausted as games go on and I think a bit of rotation or at least the option would do wonders for him.

Archived