TAV

Weemani

10 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

No it really is.

Well it isn't. If you take your opinion of players and base it solely on statistics you'll never paint an accurate picture of how they perform. 

His performance levels have dropped this season and its evident. Fans at the game have noticed it, keyboard warriors haven't. 

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

Well it isn't. If you take your opinion of players and base it solely on statistics you'll never paint an accurate picture of how they perform. 

His performance levels have dropped this season and its evident. Fans at the game have noticed it, keyboard warriors haven't. 

He’s not hit the heights of last season, but he’s not this weak link like some idiots paint him.

He’s still contributing defensively, provides us with our out ball every time, never hides and has bettered his attacking contribution from this point last year. 

It’s the opposite in my opinion - keyboard warriors that say he’s shite, guys that go to the games (and have a decent understanding of the game) can see what we’ve got in Tav.

37 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

He's a right back that's created 5 goals by September, if that's poor I'll take it every single season.

33 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

He’s not hit the heights of last season, but he’s not this weak link like some idiots paint him.

He’s still contributing defensively, provides us with our out ball every time, never hides and has bettered his attacking contribution from this point last year. 

It’s the opposite in my opinion - keyboard warriors that say he’s shite, guys that go to the games (and have a decent understanding of the game) can see what we’ve got in Tav.

I've not at any point said he's a weak link, that's Goldson for me at the minute. But it's accurate to say his performances, that being his minute to minute play on the pitch, have taken a drop. 

If we want to judge a player on stats alone hes wonderful, but it's not the be all and end all. I'm not suggesting he's dropped or that Flanni Alves comes in and replaces him, but that doesn't mean he's immune to criticism. 

2 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

He's a right back that's created 5 goals by September, if that's poor I'll take it every single season.

Mate I'm going to be honest, replying to you is fucking exhausting. I've had a more interesting and engaging conversation with the Mrs about football and she's a tim. 

A blind man can see he is not hitting the heights this season.

Not all down to him IMO.  We are set up differently with different players around him, particularly in front of him, with Arfield, Ojo or Aribo a waste of space for him to to play off. There is no longer a partnership like he had with Candeias. I also noticed on Thursday in the second half with Arfield and Ojo whose movement off the ball was piss poor, in being static with a man on to recieve a pass and Morelos who did lay on a few was raging at the lack of it.

Arfield works like a trojan, but all his work is more through the middle and his ball control is horrendous. Ojo has the talent, but his application is piss poor, both leading to less assists for Tav and less lay offs back to him for shots on.

Goldson also needs to get the outball qucker to Tav. This constant square ball along the back line will see us punished.

The net result we are not getting the goals and assists that we desperately need this season more than most. He is still trying but the spark is missing.

Then there is him getting played every game when there is no need to, along with Goldson and a few others. We have a large squad and are good enough to be be rotated which keeps the better ones more sharp and hungry for the all important domestic challenge.

If not changed it will cost us in the long run. Scraping through with the odd goal will not always happen.

10 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Not all down to him IMO.  We are set up differently with different players around him, particularly in front of him, with Arfield, Ojo or Aribo a waste of space for him to to play off. There is no longer a partnership like he had with Candeias. I also noticed on Thursday in the second half with Arfield and Ojo whose movement off the ball was piss poor, in being static with a man on to recieve a pass and Morelos who did lay on a few was raging at the lack of it.

Arfield works like a trojan, but all his work is more through the middle and his ball control is horrendous. Ojo has the talent, but his application is piss poor, both leading to less assists for Tav and less lay offs back to him for shots on.

Goldson also needs to get the outball qucker to Tav. This constant square ball along the back line will see us punished.

The net result we are not getting the goals and assists that we desperately need this season more than most. He is still trying but the spark is missing.

Then there is him getting played every game when there is no need to, along with Goldson and a few others. We have a large squad and are good enough to be be rotated which keeps the better ones more sharp and hungry for the all important domestic challenge.

If not changed it will cost us in the long run. Scraping through with the odd goal will not always happen.

But the stats, but the stats!

On 21/09/2019 at 10:20, Blue Avenger said:

... and yet despite all that poor piss play we have more points than last year at this stage and doing well in Europa - it just does not compute!

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

... and yet despite all that poor piss play we have more points than last year at this stage and doing well in Europa - it just does not compute!

It only matters at the end of the season when we have more points than the scum, who have already done us.

To take this title we need every cunt on their toes every game. When Tav doesn't play it weakens us in having less goal scoring opportunities.

It's that simple.

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

Fell asleep for the O'Halloran chance, but didn't expect May to beat Helander in the air imo, so can forgive him for that tbh.

Apart from that, he was average (like the rest of the team) in the first half and brilliant in the second half.

Helander won the header mate, if it’s the same one I’m thinking of

16 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

It only matters at the end of the season when we have more points than the scum, who have already done us.

To take this title we need every cunt on their toes every game. When Tav doesn't play it weakens us in having less goal scoring opportunities.

It's that simple.

... correct - he is so good we can’t / shouldn’t drop him - and who else offers that threat from rb? We can see the competition on the left, and in the centre but not the right - so Tav plays! It’s that simple! 

17 hours ago, BlueMe said:

Fell asleep for the O'Halloran chance, but didn't expect May to beat Helander in the air imo, so can forgive him for that tbh.

Apart from that, he was average (like the rest of the team) in the first half and brilliant in the second half.

17 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Helander won the header mate, if it’s the same one I’m thinking of

17 hours ago, BlueMe said:

Did he? I thought May won the header and it dropped to O'Halloran.

Either way, that was unexpected tbh.

16 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Aye mate, wasn’t clear though 

But unreasonable to expect Tav to anticipate Helander flicking it on for O-Halloran tbh.

Tav hasnt been as influential this season in an attacking sense. 

Imo we were too dependant on him and Buff last seaon and i think we have added threats in other areas.

Barasic is now offering something on the left so only natural Tav would sit back more when BB's on the overlap.

Arfield and Ojo always looking to play inside so Tav is by-passed. 

Its not as if we are losing lots of goals so for me Tav plays.....guy is always fit and never hides - that will do for me.

5 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Tav hasnt been as influential this season in an attacking sense. 

Imo we were too dependant on him and Buff last seaon and i think we have added threats in other areas.

Barasic is now offering something on the left so only natural Tav would sit back more when BB's on the overlap.

Arfield and Ojo always looking to play inside so Tav is by-passed. 

Its not as if we are losing lots of goals so for me Tav plays.....guy is always fit and never hides - that will do for me.

3 assists this time last season compared to 6 this season says otherwise tbh.

Archived