Sign in to follow this  
Broxi

What defensive partnership would you like to see us go with for now?

Defensive partnership?  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Defensive partnership?

• Goldson and Helander
    • Goldson and Katic
    • Katic and Helander

With Helander having a great game today, what defensive duo would you like to see us go with as first choice? I think with Helander showing tonight he is capable we will be more comfortable rotating but who is your preferred pairing?

Katic and Helander because Connor Goldson needs a rest/dropped but if Goldson rediscovers his form I think he is a better player than Katic right now, but Katic has a lot more upside 

Helander has got to start we looked so much better down the left with a left footed CB in there 

Goldson and Katic would still be my first choice for the moment, but really think that it depends on the type of game we are going to play.

As much as I think Gerard was covering up some kind of bust up with his pre match interview, I do actually think the game worked out the way he stated.

Kaatic may have struggled a bit more tonight with the style than Helander did.

3 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Edmunson should defo be in the choices.

I'd go for him and Katic for a run of games.

I really dont get why Helander comes into the team, plays a blinder, and yet people are wanting him dropped for Edmunson.

Katic and Goldson have been solid for the most part of the season, so can see why Katic would take his place back.

Edmunson has been great when I have seen him as well, but surely he has to wait his turn now that Helander has proven his worth.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I really dont get why Helander comes into the team, plays a blinder, and yet people are wanting him dropped for Edmunson.

Katic and Goldson have been solid for the most part of the season, so can see why Katic would take his place back.

Edmunson has been great when I have seen him as well, but surely he has to wait his turn now that Helander has proven his worth.

Happy to leave that headache wi the manager but for me Goldson is a bit of a bombscare at times and what I've see of Edmunson,I like.

All about opinions.

I just think it’s fucking great that we have an options of various defensive partnerships that leave guys who are in there international team on the bench.... 

1 minute ago, Blumhoilann said:

Happy to leave that headache wi the manager but for me Goldson is a bit of a bombscare at times and what I've see of Edmunson,I like.

All about opinions.

I dont think he is that much of a bombscare to be honest. Yea he has made mistakes, in particular the one in the old firm.

I think we are that used to having shite center halfs over the last few years that people feel like it is customary to single one out for abuse!

We have 4 really good center backs for once. I think we can start to talk about the strengths of some over others, rather than to instantly fall back to picking on the weaknesses.

10 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I would be giving Goldson a break. Wouldn’t mind seeing any combination of the other 3. Good problem to have. 

To Be A Ranger likes this

I’ve sang Goldsons praises for long enough but lately he’s looked like he’s had a game changing bombscare in him an needs a rest.

Katic wasn’t on the bench so if he’s got a knock it’s Helander and Edmunson that should be getting a run out.

Whether folk like it or not, Goldson will not be the one to drop out if all are fit. Not unless something changes.

He's one of Gerrard's favourites, and now vice-captain.

Goldson at one point tonight played a pass that was a carbon copy of the one that cost us in the OF, clearly isn’t learning from his mistakes and is still fannying about on the ball unnecessarily

Katic and Helander for me, would give Edmundson a chance when someone needs a rest and Goldson 4th choice at the moment 

Bakbear and JCDBigBear like this

Just now, bluenoz said:

He made one bad pass. That's it.

He lost his player at least twice at corner kicks that gave them chances they shouldn't have had. He also passed the ball out of defence straight to their players a couple of times that put us under needless pressure. He was ok, but I've seen his performances dip. A rest won't do him any harm. It's not like we don't have sufficient cover.

Bakbear, JCDBigBear and terry739 like this