***** The Official St Johnstone v Rangers Match Thread *****

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jim beam said:

He could have played in at least two players and we might be one up right now.Poor decision making can and has cost us points in the past.

Honestly thought he was looking to include teammates more in the Euro qualifiers etc. You want your main striker to want to be greedy etc but I get what yoou are saying.

2 minutes ago, badjon said:

Wondering about Katic being absent from the entire squad twice now??

I suppose Gerrard would restate his previous comment before the Feyenoord game that it was just tactical. 

Which is a nice convenient mask perhaps.    So tactical that Katic is not even on the bench.    Which presumably means he's been tactically dropped to the bottom of the CB pecking order.   Again. 

1 minute ago, Reformation Bear said:

I suppose Gerrard would restate his previous comment before the Feyenoord game that it was just tactical. 

Which is a nice convenient mask perhaps.    So tactical that Katic is not even on the bench.    Which presumably means he's been tactically dropped to the bottom of the CB pecking order.   Again. 

When the centre backs have a poor game Katic seems to carry the can. I think Goldson is a weaker link though. 

1 minute ago, Reformation Bear said:

Aye to me means something is actually going on personality wise or personal. Strange one for sure.

2 minutes ago, badjon said:

Honestly thought he was looking to include teammates more in the Euro qualifiers etc. You want your main striker to want to be greedy etc but I get what yoou are saying.

There’s the greedy streak that all top strikers have and then there’s twatting it from impossible angles when team mates are running through. 

1 minute ago, IpswichGer said:

Goldson is so ponderous on the ball at times and always seems to struggle to control the ball at his feet. 

I want him to be confident and commanding at CB but he just doesn't look comfortable.

I'm sure he'd want the same confidence and commanding ability.    Him wishing for it and it actually happening is quite a gulf though.   Not, I think, a gulf he can close.    

We've got what we've got in Goldson.   He's as finished an article CB as he's going to get with any improvement being marginal.      Gerrard sees it differently of course which is why he's auto-picked. 

Archived