***** The Official St Johnstone v Rangers Match Thread *****

1 hour ago, Jasper Blues said:

Doesn't really matter who the Gaffer picks, there will be the usual negative genius football brains on here who know better - Like they did last night when the team was announced.

In fairness, 99% were right about the team against celtic. 

The majority were wrong yesterday. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

In fairness, 99% were right about the team against celtic. 

The majority were wrong yesterday. 

Depends what you mean by wrong tbh.

We won, so on one hand Gerrard got it right. But if we hadn't scored 1st imo we'd have been fucked with the players selected. Probably similar to the scum game where the 1st goal was crucial. 

I said before the game we'd struggle to hold the ball up front and  retain possession. With about 1/3 possession overall, and absolutely dominated 2nd half, it panned out that way.

Goals define outcomes, especially first goals. Dread what would have happened if they'd scored 1st with Ojo lazy, midfield tiring, etc

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We won, so on one hand Gerrard got it right. But if we hadn't scored 1st imo we'd have been fucked with the players selected. Probably similar to the scum game where the 1st goal was crucial. 

I said before the game we'd struggle to hold the ball up front and  retain possession. With about 1/3 possession overall, and absolutely dominated 2nd half, it panned out that way.

Goals define outcomes, especially first goals. Dread what would have happened if they'd scored 1st with Ojo lazy, midfield tiring, etc

Spot on 👍

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Fair point, but we did win. So can’t really argue with him that he hasn’t picked the right team. 

I’m convinced if we picked last nights team against the filth we’d be sitting top of the league right now. 

6 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Fair point, but we did win. So can’t really argue with him that he hasn’t picked the right team. 

I’m convinced if we picked last nights team against the filth we’d be sitting top of the league right now. 

Wasn’t only the team selection but the tactics.

We pressed last night. Against the Tarriers we sat off them and let them play.

18 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Ryan Jack should be rested for this one, he played a stormer in the European game then on the Sunday v them he was awful, also reported to be managing a knee injury so missing this will do no harm.

Would keep Jack on for this game then rest him for the cup game midweek, Davis could do with a rest as well IMO and this would be the game I would do that.

"You are kicking off at eight o'clock on a Thursday night and your players, [with] the adrenaline, can't get to sleep until three or four o'clock in the morning - and then our league, who are supposed to be our governing body who help us, go and agree a kick-off time at 12:15 on Sunday."

Its the gear that keeps the fans up till that time Stevie but i was still in my work at 6 on the Friday morning.

2 minutes ago, wully said:

"You are kicking off at eight o'clock on a Thursday night and your players, [with] the adrenaline, can't get to sleep until three or four o'clock in the morning - and then our league, who are supposed to be our governing body who help us, go and agree a kick-off time at 12:15 on Sunday."

Its the gear that keeps the fans up till that time Stevie but i was still in my work at 6 on the Friday morning.

I wasn't at the game Thursday and could sleep till back of 1 cause I was still buzzing 

17 hours ago, Jasper Blues said:

Doesn't really matter who the Gaffer picks, there will be the usual negative genius football brains on here who know better - Like they did last night when the team was announced.

I think some people get genuinely upset when SG doesn't pick the exact line-up that they post. Bizzare. 

Anyhow, I think it will be a a 0-2 scoreline and I can see Arfield scoring if he plays. 

15 hours ago, ben51 said:

McGregor 

Tav Katic Helander Barisic

Aribo King Jack 

Stewart Defoe Barker

A real risk, but if Gerrard puts that side out I can't fault him. We really need to rotate. 

100% good enough to beat St Johnstone.

Won't be far off but I expect Halliday at lb since borna  played the full 90.

Just now, Wearethepeople72 said:

Anyone know if there is any pubs nearby the stadium to watch the game?

Still don’t have a ticket but thinking of travelling without, should be okay to get one I’d imagine but just thinking worse case scenario wouldn’t want to miss the game completely. 

You'll get one up there easily 

Archived