***** The Official St Johnstone v Rangers Match Thread *****

2 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Even by the corrupt standards of the Scottish media they will have to be super creative to spin a 0-4 scoreline into a draw for the home team based on a maximum of two so-called dodgy decisions in favour of the away team. 

Big Brother Ministry of Truth

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

The first angle it looked well over but the viewing angles on the tv can distort the reality, 2nd camera looked a brilliant back heel from Davis to stop the whole ball being  over. 

Anyone got the two frames ??

Only pic I've seen of it is this and whoever posted it said:  This is as far forward as the ball went. 

71079928_2988332251210679_7612604450103885824_o.jpg

12 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

First angle showing looked across the line. 2nd angle shows great bit of work from Davis keeping it out. 

This of course will be the main talking point in the Scottish media.

Our denied stonewall penalty will get missed

We get and score the pen then this isn’t even happening 

22 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

First angle showing looked across the line. 2nd angle shows great bit of work from Davis keeping it out. 

This of course will be the main talking point in the Scottish media.

Our denied stonewall penalty will get missed

By tonight it will be half a yard over the line and by Wednesday its hit the back of the net 

Can't deny I wasn't too sure pre-match what kind of performance we were going to put in after giving everything on Thursday, but 2nd half especially, we stepped it up a gear or two.

Borna looks like he's finally finding his feet at us!
Morelos does it again - what a fucking finish for the first goal.
Defoe was lethal when he came on. That counter attack was spot on.
Jack, Davis, Morelos, Defoe, Borna, all stand outs for me today.

All in all I thoroughly enjoyed that, other than getting fucking soaked! :lol:

Also, how in the fuck did we no get a penalty for that mongo Davidson's blatant hand ball? Cunts!

4 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

Tbh mate, I don’t think the linesman saw it at all to even give a decision - he was completely blocked. 

Wasn’t a goal anyway so whether he saw it or not he made the correct decision 😂

1 hour ago, BearInTheToon said:

Tbh mate, I don’t think the linesman saw it at all to even give a decision - he was completely blocked. 

Tbh, if I had been running the line i'd have told the ref it never crossed the line, whether I could see it or no   :whistle:

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Many times has Alfredo played on BT televised games yet they still cant get hs name right:

Morales nets emphatic breakaway opener for Rangers

At least it's not an ex Rangers player / manager / apparent legend who gets it repeatedly wrong.

Much happier than I was last Saturday night though the defence still worries me.

That first half was a really tough watch and a draw at half time was probably correct. However, has anybody noticed that because the weaker side creates the same amount of chances they deserve to be ahead on BT?

Brilliant start to the first half. There was a debate on here the other night between the abilities of Morelos and Eduoard, well Morelos' finishing wasn't too bad today! I was happy he went with Morelos today, he seems to give St. Johnstone a terrible time every occasion he starts. He's scored 6 goals in 6 games against them since joining the club.

It was good to see Tav be a bit more like himself in that second half with some decent deliveries. Aribo looked like he benefited from missing out on Thursday and I was happy to see Barisic have another good game even if it was solid but unspectacular. He's always been meh or poor and in recent weeks he's now been solid to good! 

Ryan Jack doing Ryan Jack things again. He is in the absolute form of his life and it's great to watch.

Welcome to the party St. Johnstone!

Having read several match reports this morning it has been amusing to see how the authors have desperately tried to suggest that St J's effort was indeed a goal, whilst at the same time having to admit that the evidence available tends to confirm, as we all know, that the whole ball did not in fact cross the line. The seethe on some of the other media forums and outlets has also been a joy to peruse. My morning coffee has been most enjoyable this morning.

Archived