Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bigsasasfloopyhair

***** The Official St Johnstone v Rangers Match Thread *****

Recommended Posts


1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Sorry mate but totally disagree. Katic has easily been better this season.

The games just before he was dropped either of them could've been dropped

But the strop people go in over it is quite embarrassing

Tak3rNo1 and chris182 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect throughout the season Helander will prove to be a stronger and better CD for us than any of the other three, but I'm a bit surprised Katic didn't make the bench again.  

We can pretty much rely on most of the team doing their job well these days.  That's how I see it anyway, so my wish for today is that the likes of Aribo, Barker, Ojo and Barasic show us they should be automatic first picks going forward.

Rfc52 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Sorry mate but totally disagree. Katic has easily been better this season.

Katic is better in the air and fearless but does rush in at times and gets caught out a lot with his positioning. 

Goldson has more composure and is the better passer imo. 

Both of them could've been dropped after their performance against Livingston tbh.

Rfc52, Sparkle and chris182 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Misteral said:

I expect throughout the season Helander will prove to be a stronger and better CD for us than any of the other three, but I'm a bit surprised Katic didn't make the bench again.  

We can pretty much rely on most of the team doing their job well these days.  That's how I see it anyway, so my wish for today is that the likes of Aribo, Barker, Ojo and Barasic show us they should be automatic first picks going forward.

Only bit that surprised me as well is him not on the bench so obviously issues behind the scenes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Katic is better in the air and fearless but does rush in at times and gets caught out a lot with his positioning. 

Goldson has more composure and is the better passer imo. 

Both of them could've been dropped after their performance against Livingston tbh.

Goldsons passing puts us in danger nearly every game. Passing is extremely overrated imo.

Courtyard Bear and TamCoopz like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Strong line up and a well earned rest for the likes of Arfield. Lets do this! 

Yep, glad to see him rested. Good sub if we need him late on.

Really feel we need to get this won early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like Katic and I understand why some are disappointed why he's not playing but it's not like Katic is  Richard Gough and Goldson is Rob Kiernan. There's not much in it and it's all about trying to pick the right team for the right game/opposition. Although I've not seen a lot of Edmundson I'm quite confident in whatever partnership we use.

After the Feyenoord game Gerrard couldn't have been clearer. About 3:20 onwards.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strong 11. Helander was class Thursday and wasn't getting dropped.  Personally would have started Katic beside him but not losing the rag over it. 

Happy we've not made many changes and confident we'll get the result

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Goldsons passing puts us in danger nearly every game. Passing is extremely overrated imo.

He had made a couple of howlers tbf but he's capable of picking out a long pass as well, something that Katic struggles with imo.

I would say it's close between them and both have strengths that the other doesn't, but both have weaknesses as well.

I would be happy with either starting and not unhappy at either getting dropped tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

No Katic again and doesn't even make the bench

Exact same as last season where hes been randomly dropped, will kill his confidence and take the rest of the season to get him back to form

Gerrards man management of Katic is not great unless there is an injury.

This is the same point he did this last year with Worrall and broke up the strongest part of our team.

Helmander will have a tougher game today but he really needs to play as well so we can see if he is good enough.

Rangers_no1 and Valance1690 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Strong team which suggests to me a weaker team will play at livi. 

This is risky and increases opportunities of an upset or replay, both of which would be a shit outcome.

Yeah I'm a bit nervous about that too but we're supposed to have the strength in depth for these type of games.  The likes of Stewart, Fod, Defoe and Edmundson should all get game time.

I guess it's the lowest priority competition for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I really like Katic and I understand why some are disappointed why he's not playing but it's not like Katic is  Richard Gough and Goldson is Rob Kiernan. There's not much in it and it's all about trying to pick the right team for the right game/opposition. Although I've not seen a lot of Edmundson I'm quite confident in whatever partnership we use.

After the Feyenoord game Gerrard couldn't have been clearer. About 3:20 onwards.

 

Positive comments on Ojo as well. Brought in to make a diference in final 3rd and is doing so. By no means the finished article but will continue to improve imo.  0-3 Rangers today for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Smile said:

Gerrards man management of Katic is not great unless there is an injury.

This is the same point he did this last year with Worrall and broke up the strongest part of our team.

Helmander will have a tougher game today but he really needs to play as well so we can see if he is good enough.

Agreed, it's going he exact same as last year and we paid the price for it. Never seen Katic back to form again until the end of the season

Nothing at all wrong with playing Helandar, actually happy to see him getting a game especially after spending so much on him & hopefully he does well.

Its Goldson being a mainstay in the team that's the issue for me, hes made more mistakes that Katic & personally don't think hes as good a player but regardless he'll get picked baring injury

Rangers_no1 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Katic is better in the air and fearless but does rush in at times and gets caught out a lot with his positioning. 

Goldson has more composure and is the better passer imo. 

Both of them could've been dropped after their performance against Livingston tbh.

Goldson couldn’t pass to himself standing 2 feet from a brick wall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Valance1690 said:

Agreed, it's going he exact same as last year and we paid the price for it. Never seen Katic back to form again until the end of the season

Nothing at all wrong with playing Helandar, actually happy to see him getting a game especially after spending so much on him & hopefully he does well.

Its Goldson being a mainstay in the team that's the issue for me, hes made more mistakes that Katic & personally don't think hes as good a player but regardless he'll get picked baring injury

Sorry you feel so upset regards goldson but happy that you don't mind seeing helander play 

ForeverAndEver likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...