IF We don't win the league this season , do we still back Stevie Gerrard next season to win the league?

TopCat

6 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I would go as far as to say if we don’t even get close to them but finish 2nd with no cups then serious questions have to be asked about his future. 

It is a difficult one.

celtic have a far bigger budget than we do in terms of wages, so we have no god given right to demand the league, yet it is a failure if we don't.

Eventually we will need to win the league with a smaller budget than them, but as long as the gap is closing and we are improving, I will stand by the manager.

I fucking despise the idea of them getting 10 though.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, chris182 said:

If we don't win it this year and sack Gerrard you are as well handing the minks 10 IAR on a silver platter.

He's the only man now who can stop it.

If he has 2 cracks at it and fails just what do you expect to be different in the 3rd year? 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

What would he have actually done if we win nothing this year?? Are we supposed to be happy finishing a comfortable second is that the new benchmark for Rangers  

How do you know we wouldn’t attract better?? 

Obviously I don't know for a fact we wouldn't attract better but he has done so well so far I find it highly unlikely.

I would also be disappointed if we finished 3rd or below that this season.........but I am also confident we will win a trophy this season.I believe in Stevie Gerrard. Period.

41 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Given the improvement in our side since he arrived I'm quite surprised at this remark. Surely he has done enough already to deserve our backing next season? imo at any rate.

:lol:

Aye the fact we are in second place 5 games into the league season is enough for me 

5 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

It is a difficult one.

celtic have a far bigger budget than we do in terms of wages, so we have no god given right to demand the league, yet it is a failure if we don't.

Eventually we will need to win the league with a smaller budget than them, but as long as the gap is closing and we are improving, I will stand by the manager.

I fucking despise the idea of them getting 10 though.

Honestly if we don’t win this year we won’t stop 10, they will burst the bank to make sure we don’t get close. 

1 minute ago, TopCat said:

Obviously I don't know for a fact we wouldn't attract better but he has done so well so far I find it highly unlikely.

I would also be disappointed if we finished 3rd or below that this season.........but I am also confident we will win a trophy this season.I believe in Stevie Gerrard. Period.

We all believe in him mate, but like all managers it’s about results, especially at Rangers if he can’t get the job done then he will be away just like all the rest before him. 

9 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If he has 2 cracks at it and fails just what do you expect to be different in the 3rd year? 

You can't keep sacking managers after one or two seasons. We can't afford to overhaul yet another squad while trying to stop that lot tying up 10.

Lennon imploding would help.

Wednesday's game will be tough (away) but we are three wins away from winning a trophy. Albeit, the lesser one but it will give Gerrard some breathing room  and I believe it is a building block to winning the league. The LC is very important imo.

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Honestly if we don’t win this year we won’t stop 10, they will burst the bank to make sure we don’t get close. 

Show a little faith in SG and the Rangers mate. That's defeatist talk................

Just now, chris182 said:

You can't keep sacking managers after one or two seasons. We can't afford to overhaul yet another squad while trying to stop that lot for tying up 10.

You haven’t answered the question. 

Who said anything about overhauling the squad. 

So he has 3 goes at stopping 10 and fails when is enough enough. 11, 12, 20?? 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Nope it’s realistic talk mate, our league form has been poor, and they will leave no stone unturned to get 10. 

Fair comment mate ........... just that I am a little more optimistic than you. Hope we are both proved right at the end of the day.

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You haven’t answered the question. 

Who said anything about overhauling the squad. 

So he has 3 goes at stopping 10 and fails when is enough enough. 11, 12, 20?? 

You'll be expecting a new manager to come in with minimal to no funds and beat them to stop 10 IAR? Good luck with that.

If he fails to stop 10, tea's oot.

We are still not competing on a level playing field. (yet) celtic's payroll is significantly higher. Unfortunately, our fan base doesn't allow  for time. I vividly remember days of glory and I expect that every single game but in reality after what happened to us takes time. I wouldn't sack Gerrard for love or money. He will know himself when is best to leave in success or failure. Right now, his sleeves are rolled up. Murty or Pedro could never have created a night like last night. I believe Gerrard will succeed with us.

6 minutes ago, chris182 said:

You'll be expecting a new manager to come in with minimal to no funds and beat them to stop 10 IAR? Good luck with that.

If he fails to stop 10, tea's oot.

Agree 100% ........we need to stop them.......... but if not this season then next season . Stevie Gerrard is the man to do that imo.

Archived