Tactical analysis from Thursday

graeme_4

5 hours ago, five stars said:

It's the tactics we should of used in the old firm game.

Yup. I’ve heard a few of them going on in amazement, sure a few on here will back it up, at how good they’ve supposedly been by going more direct but they had plenty of the ball at the back the last two times for this tactic to work. Still baffled by his team selection. 

6 hours ago, five stars said:

Correct, why he tried to over complicate things when we have played them off the park by getting right in their faces I have no idea, football is a simple game made difficult by coaches.

One that can catch, four that can tackle,four that can pass and two who can score.

6 hours ago, five stars said:

It seems Gerrards tactics in the Old Firm were 4-5-1 block with 5 central midfielders.  He went defensive from the outset and just let celtic come at us.  Really strange as we’ve never done this against anyone else to my knowledge.  You’d think at home we would be having a go at them.

1 hour ago, TMB said:

It seems Gerrards tactics in the Old Firm were 4-5-1 block with 5 central midfielders.  He went defensive from the outset and just let celtic come at us.  Really strange as we’ve never done this against anyone else to my knowledge.  You’d think at home we would be having a go at them.

He is a smart cookie and will not be doing that again.

1 hour ago, TMB said:

Did he not try a similar approach in the first game at parkhead last season ? Which also ended in defeat 

1 hour ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Did he not try a similar approach in the first game at parkhead last season ? Which also ended in defeat 

Sure that game contained some baffling team selection as well, could’ve just imagined this but did Lafferty not play left wing? 

As an aside Feyenoords tactics were baffling it looked like they wanted to draw us onto them by playing the ball out from the back but they were horrendous at playing out under pressure 

7 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Sure that game contained some baffling team selection as well, could’ve just imagined this but did Lafferty not play left wing? 

As an aside Feyenoords tactics were baffling it looked like they wanted to draw us onto them by playing the ball out from the back but they were horrendous at playing out under pressure 

Spot on on both points mate, first half especially,  the amount of times their defenders misplaced passes or fired it out the park was unbelievable, our pressing was faultless and they just couldn’t cope. In fairness that was the case for most of the game, rather than just 1st half 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Yes mate.

Lafferty our wide 🤮

I’d actually forgot about that till GA1972 mentioned it 😂. It was more the packing midfield to try and combat there 5 yet sitting back with no press, as much as they are not as good as made out, make no mistake, if you sit back and invite them to play in your half they are good enough to punish it. Fuck hearts showed everycunt that if you stop them playing they can be got at, and they are shambolic at the back. The last 3 games last season had them knowing we’re coming back yet that there, just went back to letting cunts like brown etc look the player the media pretend he is. 

Problem for me in many ways is, as much as our first 11 is for me as good if not better than there’s they have become used to winning, and that is an invaluable mentality to have at a club, and one a lot of people dismiss the importance of. 

Archived