Sign in to follow this  
MacBoyd

The title race

The way the teams in our league play against the OF benefits them imo. They can’t handle teams getting at them but can split teams open who sit back, we’re the opposite. If they do drop points soon and we win and get back on level points then I think the pressure will get too much for Lennon and he’ll crack, but if they go on a decent run it’s all going to come down to the old firms and that means we simply have to win next at their dump. 

Hearts and Hibs are really poor this year.  Kilmarnock have fallen apart.  Even Aberdeen look worse.

I just can’t see anyone taking points off of celtic.  Lennon sets them up to attack like fuck and they have enough quality midfield to front to score a lot of goals. 

The Old Firm games will be absolutely vital IMO and we fucked up that game at Ibrox.

31 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Your maths are terrible.

Currently them 18 points, goals 21/4

Us 15 points, goals 16/5

If we had won that game 2-0

Them 15 pts , goals 19/6

Us 18 pts, goals 18/3

Dunderheid

19 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

The way the teams in our league play against the OF benefits them imo. They can’t handle teams getting at them but can split teams open who sit back, we’re the opposite. If they do drop points soon and we win and get back on level points then I think the pressure will get too much for Lennon and he’ll crack, but if they go on a decent run it’s all going to come down to the old firms and that means we simply have to win next at their dump. 

Yeah teams should attack them 

15 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Currently them 18 points, goals 21/4

Us 15 points, goals 16/5

If we had won that game 2-0

Them 15 pts , goals 19/6

Us 18 pts, goals 18/3

Dunderheid

Think he may have read your post thinking you meant we would be top on goal difference.

42 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

We’ll both drop points to other teams imo, that’s standard 

SG made an arse of the tarrier game otherwise we could have a perfect start 

keep winning and keep the pressure on tlb as he hates pressure 

i truly believe we are better than them now but we need to stay 100% focused every game

Absolutely, if only we’d gone at the tims the way we did Feyenoord.  The OF game still grinds my fucking gears when I think of it

16 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Yeah teams should attack them 

We should’ve attacked them at Ibrox.  This 4-5-1 defensive block stuff was a disaster.  Sitting off celtic and letting them attack simply plays to their strengths.  

tm91 likes this

4 minutes ago, TMB said:

We should’ve attacked them at Ibrox.  This 4-5-1 defensive block stuff was a disaster.  Sitting off celtic and letting them attack simply plays to their strengths.  

One of the worst tactical displays I've ever seen.

GA1972, graeme_4, tm91 and 1 other like this

8 minutes ago, TMB said:

Horrific team selection that day. Manager already seen last season what happens when you go to contain them in the first old firm. 

When we go to the chamber of horrors, we need to go at them from the first whistle. 

glasgow argyle likes this

They are not invincible and far from it.  A lot can and will happen over a long season.

They will drop points for sure but we need to just focus on winning our games, one match at a time.

It's going to come down to the OF games this season. We need to make sure we are maximising our points in the other games. These wee slip ups like we had last season just won't do. Along with the fact that all the 'stronger' teams in the league look much worse this season, the reality is that the scum are probably in the best shape they've been in since Rodger's first season. They are getting the ball forward quicker, they look more clinical and they are greatly aided by the fact that all of their best attacking players are fit and in form.

Agree with most of the Above posts. I think we well over due a win at their place. We need to stay within 3 points and win next OF easier said than done...But on the plus side as well we are playing some great stuff.

Losing that first old firm was a real blow. We should be looking to win our home games against them. 
For me they get it easier as there’s no doubt teams raise their game more against us.

Second half today was much more like it. O’Halleran scores and it’s a different game- we need to start games at a higher intensity.

There really isn’t much between the sides but if we can get a real run going we will be in with a decent chance 

3 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

Injuries etc will play there part. They will drop points.

Spot on..injuries and Europa league will affect both teams but they will drop points..i believe As said before we take care of st Johnston's killies  livis etc we will be right in this title. 

3 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Well if we had won that game by 2-0 instead of losing we would be top with a better goal difference.

But we didnt.

We need to go out with a winning & fighting attitude every game 

Eh? 

I think our biggest challenge is ourselves.  Need to put away shite teams like we did today but if we drop points against dross then it's going to be difficult. 

The rest of the league is a lot worse than last season. 

Don't care what they do. Rangers keep winning and see where we are in May. 

scottyscott1963 likes this

5 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Can't see them dropping many points. Do you think it will come down to the old firms this season? The rest of the league has actually got worse and they all park the bus even at home. That actually suits celtics side imo.

They always start strong then hit a dip around winter.