The title race

MacBoyd

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way I see it is we put the OF fuck up to one side and realise we now have to focus and achieve what we are capable of. I really think if we can maintain a run now the tarriers will feel the pressure more and more. We have to field our strongest team always in the league. Remember ojo, Jones and on top of that Kent are going to be back in the coming weeks. Onwards and upwards 👍

On 23/09/2019 at 11:36, Jonnyboyrfc said:

They will 100000% drop points on the road I caught some of their game for my sins against Hamilton and they were absolutely red raw. At the tattie dome is a different story but we just need to keep grinding  out win after win after win. And not another single dropped point at home 

Didn’t take long for this prediction to come to fruition. There will be plenty more but we cannot look to their fixtures for banana skins and expect anything, we must get 3 points at all costs 1 game at a time and the rest will take care of itself. 

18 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I appreciate the take one game at a time factor but the next run of games are extremely crucial. 

Us - Hamilton(H) Hearts(A) Motherwell(H) County(A) Livi(A) Hamilton(A) Hearts(H) Aberdeen(A) 

Scum - Livi(A) County(H) Sheep(A) St Mirren(H) Motherwell(H) Livi(H) County(A) Hamilton(H) 

Scum should win most of those with 5 out of 8 matches at home. Next weekend will be their hardest match! 

Its imperative we at least keep the gap to a single point as we have 3/4 away games at Hibs, Well and the scum after the cup final weekend. Crazy to think we may have 8 away games in the next 13 league fixtures should we make the cup final. 

The potentially good news is should we get through to the break in contention we would then have 9 home fixtures out of 14 after the winter break to the split. 

Think everyone would take being 1 point behind in such a situation where we have 9 home matches from 14 in 2020.

Livi is a banana skin for them 

Every game is huge really but I do think December will be a massive month for us in context of season looking at fixture list.

Must go into the game on the 29th in a good position, (sheep, motherwell, hivs away in that period). All winnable games looking at our form and theres, but traditionally tough fixtures. 

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Especially just after a European game. 

I wonder if livi will be as physical and brutal with them as they were with us. 

pumped by whatever team they’re playing in Europe then pumped on that horrible pitch which is certainly a leveller 

2 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Especially just after a European game. 

I wonder if livi will be as physical and brutal with them as they were with us. 

Think they will be, the question is will they get away with it? (hint: no)

21 hours ago, Robmc1 said:

Can you imagine the furore had this been Hibs scoring in these circumstances, no doubt this conversation will be avoided since it was not... 

tarriers got 5 yellow cards yet nothing in the papers and nobody chasing up the compliance officer to look at any of the incidents 

I don’t think we should look too far ahead really.  I’m all for optimism but as long as at the next international break we’re ahead or neck/neck then I’m happy.    I saw how Lennon seemed to usher the goalie up for the corner and even this early on you can see how a draw is like the world coming to an end.  Atleast that’s the impression I got.   They’re still favourites for the league but all we can do is win our games and see where it takes us.  Hopefully to 55

17 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

tarriers got 5 yellow cards yet nothing in the papers and nobody chasing up the compliance officer to look at any of the incidents 

Tbh I genuinely would have been more surprised if there had been...

22 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I appreciate the take one game at a time factor but the next run of games are extremely crucial. 

Us - Hamilton(H) Hearts(A) Motherwell(H) County(A) Livi(A) Hamilton(A) Hearts(H) Aberdeen(A) 

Scum - Livi(A) County(H) Sheep(A) St Mirren(H) Motherwell(H) Livi(H) County(A) Hamilton(H) 

Scum should win most of those with 5 out of 8 matches at home. Next weekend will be their hardest match! 

Its imperative we at least keep the gap to a single point as we have 3/4 away games at Hibs, Well and the scum after the cup final weekend. Crazy to think we may have 8 away games in the next 13 league fixtures should we make the cup final. 

The potentially good news is should we get through to the break in contention we would then have 9 home fixtures out of 14 after the winter break to the split. 

Think everyone would take being 1 point behind in such a situation where we have 9 home matches from 14 in 2020.

Good analysis mate and the obvious banana skin/injury zone for us is the three aways in a row, County, Livi and Accies, the last two on shite pitches. If you offered me seven points out of nine right now (and no injuries) I’d be tempted.

The scum fixtures in the period you’ve highlighted are significantly easier and I agree that, if we can stay within a point or two at the break, we’re well set up for a great run in.

Eleven goals without reply in the last four games with Kent and Jones still to reinforce the squad in the coming weeks is a great position to be in.

2 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Good analysis mate and the obvious banana skin/injury zone for us is the three aways in a row, County, Livi and Accies, the last two on shite pitches. If you offered me seven points out of nine right now (and no injuries) I’d be tempted.

The scum fixtures in the period you’ve highlighted are significantly easier and I agree that, if we can stay within a point or two at the break, we’re well set up for a great run in.

Eleven goals without reply in the last four games with Kent and Jones still to reinforce the squad in the coming weeks is a great position to be in.

Even contemplating accepting less than nine points from those three is ridiculous 

3 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Can't agree with this at all, we should 100% be winning these games. 

Archived