Can only be described as blatant cheating

the cry was no

23 hours ago, slimjim1690 said:

I was actually thinking to myself that he was having a good game up until that point, and thought it was a blatant penalty, but the replay showed that the defenders hand was outside the box, so in hindsight had he given the penalty he would have compounded the mistake although it was a blatant hand to ball and should have been a free kick, but in saying that TBH I can't think of much if anything else that he got wrong today.

Sorry m8 tv have clearly shown it was inside the box, have you not heard of 4K HD 😂.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Dallas took a little pity on St Johnstone and purposely didn’t award the penalty, it’s the only obvious conclusion. IF the game was 0-0 or even 0-1 he would have given it!

Now that of course doesn’t make it right but as our games have human officials they will of course at times show empathy.

At that stage of the game there was only one team going to win, I remember Walter Smith telling his Rangers team to go easy on an opponent, can’t remember who it was but we were coasting 3/4-0 and there was no need to ridicule the opposition further.  

I don’t think Dallas could ever admit that he did this on purpose of course but surely there’s no one with any spec of football knowledge that, from where Dallas was standing, would not see that as a penalty.  

Sadly for Andrew Dallas this will cast doubt over his ability to make impartial, correct decisions, not a great position for a professional referee to be in.

8 hours ago, ianferguson said:

Sorry m8 tv have clearly shown it was inside the box, have you not heard of 4K HD 😂.

Been away since yesterday afternoon and didn't get a chance to reply to the many posters slagging me off :depressed:, and I admit that the still photos and the tv pictures looking straight on make it appear be a clear cut penalty, I was screaming for it myself, but if you watch the incident from the far away side it's not as clear cut IMO and I still can't tell if he touched the ball outside the box or on the line, it happened so quick, of course on the line it is a penalty, still doesn't take away from the fact that it was a blatant hand ball 5 yards in front of him.

8 hours ago, slimjim1690 said:

Been away since yesterday afternoon and didn't get a chance to reply to the many posters slagging me off :depressed:, and I admit that the still photos and the tv pictures looking straight on make it appear be a clear cut penalty, I was screaming for it myself, but if you watch the incident from the far away side it's not as clear cut IMO and I still can't tell if he touched the ball outside the box or on the line, it happened so quick, of course on the line it is a penalty, still doesn't take away from the fact that it was a blatant hand ball 5 yards in front of him.

....and that's the prob Slim,Dallas didn't blow the whistle,whether it was a freekick or a penalty,he simply let the defender away wi one. Poor show indeed.

20 minutes ago, kingtom80 said:

just pure bad refereeing,i would not say it was cheating.

Bad in what way? He didnt see it, he did but thought it wasnt a handball, he doesn't know the rules, he played advantage? How do you reckon he came to the conclusion that he shouldn't blow his whistle? 

Dallas saw it clearly, knew he would be giving us another penalty after the 4 in 1 match last season (with the over-reaction from all who hates us), knew he would have to send off Murray who he let off with stuff already, and decided it would be easier to do nothing.

If I don't blow for it, he decided, I won't get loads of grief - no big hoohah in the press (surprised Sutton noticed it and commented on it!) and only a few gripes online will follow from us. All forgotten easily.

The reality is the green/grey bunch scream blue murder at any perceived slight, they have their pet journos and media types, and their board and employees make sure the pressure is on officials. We don't.

The result is that they are always the least punished even though they are a dirty bunch with diving and snide tricks while we, who genuinely try to play football, are amongst the most punished.

Do we become more like them? Never.

So do we just put up with it? Until it costs us a cup or a league in the final game? And no one ion the media will stand up for us? Naive.

The board need to stop bridge-building and start standing up for the club, the players and the support.

2 hours ago, Blumhoilann said:

Dallas didn't blow the whistle,whether it was a freekick or a penalty,he simply let the defender away wi one.

This would all be so more simple if the referee’s post match report was simply made public, plain black and white reasoning as to how conclusions were reasoned during matches. Would obviously have controversy however at least it would encourage a level of accountability outside the closed shop corridors of the SFA...

6 hours ago, Bears said:

Dallas saw it clearly, knew he would be giving us another penalty after the 4 in 1 match last season (with the over-reaction from all who hates us), knew he would have to send off Murray who he let off with stuff already, and decided it would be easier to do nothing.

If I don't blow for it, he decided, I won't get loads of grief - no big hoohah in the press (surprised Sutton noticed it and commented on it!) and only a few gripes online will follow from us. All forgotten easily.

The reality is the green/grey bunch scream blue murder at any perceived slight, they have their pet journos and media types, and their board and employees make sure the pressure is on officials. We don't.

The result is that they are always the least punished even though they are a dirty bunch with diving and snide tricks while we, who genuinely try to play football, are amongst the most punished.

Do we become more like them? Never.

So do we just put up with it? Until it costs us a cup or a league in the final game? And no one ion the media will stand up for us? Naive.

The board need to stop bridge-building and start standing up for the club, the players and the support.

Very true words

The tarriers have a very finely tuned PR machine that springs into action at any perceived injustice for them or advantage for us. It is relentless and it works.

It isn't coincidence that they're "lucky" enough to get through on the phone-ins and allowed to talk uninterrupted and control the narrative in the mhedia

They have well placed enablers and they are extremely organised.

Christie, McGregor and Forrest dive continuously but its never highlighted. Tierney went down like he'd been shot every time he was tackled and it worked in terms of bookings for opponents.

Eduard dived to win the penalty that won the cup final and it was glossed over......remember the retrospective ban for Aluko for a perceived dive and the pillorying by the mhedia?

Editorial control is extremely valuable for them

Archived