****The Official Livingston v Rangers Match Thread****

Bronzy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Blumhoilann said:

I accept that but these clubs would rather have half empty grounds than sell tickets to a huge away support in case it feels like an away game to them. Starving their own clubs of much needed cash which they need to buy better players to progress their clubs.

Right or wrong I suspect the boards of the smaller clubs take the view if they restrict away support it gives them better chance of progressing in the cup and half a semi final gate and tv money is greater than loss incurred here.  Obviously if they still lose it is a bad decision. If they win they would never know if this was a factor or not but they can at least justify their decision. 

1 hour ago, Brubear said:

Right or wrong I suspect the boards of the smaller clubs take the view if they restrict away support it gives them better chance of progressing in the cup and half a semi final gate and tv money is greater than loss incurred here.  Obviously if they still lose it is a bad decision. If they win they would never know if this was a factor or not but they can at least justify their decision. 

No smaller club has restricted us in the cup though, Livi are giving us 3 out of 4 stands which is the only logical choice for them

10 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Livingston literally give us three sides of their ground.

They know what side their bread is buttered. Better than those other idiot teams that happily have stands with about 30 of their fans in them while giving us only one end. 

36 minutes ago, badjon said:

Interesting to see the team selection for tomorrow. Does he make big changes or just the odd one or two like Wes and Defoe starting? Surely king will get minutes and then of course there is Katic...

I want a strong team out, we never play well on these shite pitches it seems. 

Being a Katic fan I hope to see him start but all I am really interested in is a WIN. 👍 

22 hours ago, Klos' Glove said:

Disappointed I only got one bite

Not having that. You are not smart enough. Even if you were it was a piss poor attempt at humour.

Best to put your hands up to being daft than making up lies to cover the fact,  don't you think? 

Dont want huge number of changes, but think some make sense to give starts, and others enforced due to injury/ our cup strategy ie Wes. We could go with less changes but I think the team will be (5 changes from Sunday):

Wes

Tav Edmundson Katic Barisic

Aribo Jack Davis

Arfield Defoe Ojo

Archived