****The Official Livingston v Rangers Match Thread****

Bronzy

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Not seen anyone unhappy to get the win first and foremost. We were shite, it's kinda fair to discuss that on a forum after the game. Folk saying we were a disgrace, really? 

I never said anyone was unhappy?

Yes.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, bluenoz said:

When I saw the team selection, I was happy that he picked a strong side but after watching that, it was clear players had heavy legs. In particular, Helander, Tavernier and to a lesser extent Morelos.  3 games in 6 days is asking a lot. My point is, I think Gerrard could do a better job rotating or perhaps tweaking is a better word.

King didn't look out of place, perhaps he should have started.

King should start on Saturday alongside Davis and Jack. 

10 hours ago, steven33jackie said:

Poor night compounded by Gary McAlister's the ref should of sent off Helander and the fore arm smash was an honest attempt for the ball comments, add that to Gerrards it wasn't a penalty against St Johnston and you can see why its open season.

Clearly a new tactic from the gaffer. Praise the officials rather than publicly giving them a going over every week.

Maybe he’s realised that the filth slanted media will be after them for every decision we get, and he’s trying to balance it out in a positive way. 

We need to be able to grind results out at times and that’s what we done. Lot of folk have short memories as these are the kind of games we struggled with last years. I’d take games like last night in the league from now until May if it meant 55. 👍🏻

51 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

I never said anyone was unhappy?

Yes.

Those complaining tend not to be entirely happy. Not a huge leap. 

The pitch or Kilmarnock yes. The team no. You've just made it up foll were calling us that to bolster an argument. Poor tbh.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Those complaining tend not to be entirely happy. Not a huge leap. 

The pitch or Kilmarnock yes. The team no. You've just made it up foll were calling us that to bolster an argument. Poor tbh.

You've fucked up here, big time.

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

That pitch is a fucking disgrace btw. 

I know people talk about the advantage of playing at home, but that takes the absolute piss.

It is absolutely shocking.

No run of the ball, dodgy as fuck bounces and just generally looks fucking horrendous.

9 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Wont be the first or last time. 😁Who called us a "disgrace"?

A random guy i spoke to in the shop, he wasn't happy at all tbh.

Have you updated your referee conspiracy thread to include Helander getting away with a red card yet?

33 minutes ago, B1872 said:

We need to be able to grind results out at times and that’s what we done. Lot of folk have short memories as these are the kind of games we struggled with last years. I’d take games like last night in the league from now until May if it meant 55. 👍🏻

What if it means we don’t get 55. 

You don’t win league titles grinding out results week in week out. You win leagues my playing great football and the occasional off day is when you grind out a win. 

At the moment we are grinding out week in week out with the occasional great football, it’s caught up to us once already and will again if we don’t get our finger out. 

8 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

A random guy i spoke to in the shop, he wasn't happy at all tbh.

Have you updated your referee conspiracy thread to include Helander getting away with a red card yet?

😂😂😂 aye but did the make believe guy say we were a "disgrace"?

No mate, I only maintain that scoring for league games, as that's apparent top level officials guaranteed.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

You don’t win league titles grinding out results week in week out. You win leagues my playing great football and the occasional off day is when you grind out a win. 

At the moment we are grinding out week in week out with the occasional great football, it’s caught up to us once already and will again if we don’t get our finger out. 

It's this simple. Same folk saying it's all about the win will be raging how shite we've been for weeks when we next drop points.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

😂😂😂 aye but did the make believe guy say we were a "disgrace"?

No mate, I only maintain that scoring for league games, as that's apparent top level officials guaranteed.

I'm sure he said disgrace and shambles - but i might have just made all this up, fuck knows.

The conspiracy theory sounds a bit one sided and bias tbh.

I remember as many games like last nights one during Smith’s second spell in charge as I do games where we played great football and blew teams away. You know that period where we won 3 league titles from 4, 3 league cups, 2 Scottish cups and we got to a UEFA Cup final...

41 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

The only consolation is that we won. Dreadful game against thugs on a dreadful pitch.

Livi are everything that is wrong with Scottish football but they would make a decent rugby team.

Its the budget blueprint for sucess in the spl.

Plastic pitch

Big strong aggressive english league one players

Long ball

Foul when opp has the ball and kill the game as a spectacle

Dive and waste time if you have a result

This formula has been used by Killie & Motherwell in the past, all be it Mwell have grass.

1 minute ago, Bearsden bear said:

Its the budget blueprint for sucess in the spl.

Plastic pitch

Big strong aggressive english league one players

Long ball

Foul when opp has the ball and kill the game as a spectacle

Dive and waste time if you have a result

This formula has been used by Killie & Motherwell in the past, all be it Mwell have grass.

Used by Aberdeen to a lesser extent too.

4 hours ago, Cedrick said:

If that cunt done the aribo challenge to a celtic player this country would want him to do time 

Wasn’t the player (Aberdeen I think) carded who had an actual clash of heads with Christie at Hamden last year. Totally different narrative being placed on the flailing elbow (meant or not) from last night...

Archived