****The Official Livingston v Rangers Match Thread****

Davy Vandenbroucke

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ger_onimo said:

Do we want to win every competition we’re in? Yes. Can we play our strongest team in every game? No. So we have to prioritise. Which competition is the least important? I’d say this one. So when exactly do we rotate, if we’re playing our strongest 11 in the least important competition?

We need to be winners, boosts confidence, upsets the oppositions. We need to win a trophy soon, simples.

This is first on our agenda. Are you really seriously suggesting we should throw the opportunity of breaklng  their stranglehold away ?

Poor viewpoint.

2 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Do we want to win every competition we’re in? Yes. Can we play our strongest team in every game? No. So we have to prioritise. Which competition is the least important? I’d say this one. So when exactly do we rotate, if we’re playing our strongest 11 in the least important competition?

That was my thought. Initially pleased to see a strong line up, but then thought about rotation.

Then again there's another internation break coming up so at least some players will get a rest.

Just now, Ger_onimo said:

Fitness and overuse injuries shouldn't be a problem at this stage of the season tbh.

Playing our strongest 11 on that pitch a few days before we play Aberdeen is definitely a gamble though.

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

What’s the point in signing all these “squad” players if they can’t even be trusted in the league cup against Livingston? Just hoping all our players come through unscathed on this disaster of a pitch and get the win. 

Livingston away is a tough game. 

1 minute ago, tannerall said:

We need to be winners, boosts confidence, upsets the oppositions. We need to win a trophy soon, simples.

This is first on our agenda. Are you really seriously suggesting we should throw the opportunity of breaklng  their stranglehold away ?

Poor viewpoint.

If we get a trophy here and the players develope a winning mentality and thirst for it then I do not see celtic being a problem.

Gerrard has given belief but they have a mental block when it comes to celtic. 

3 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

What’s the point in signing all these “squad” players if they can’t even be trusted in the league cup against Livingston? Just hoping all our players come through unscathed on this disaster of a pitch and get the win. 

Say something positive.

4 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

You make very valid points and it's only my opinion, but I think an away tie on an artificial pitch flashes up 2 risk factors.  I'd rather rotate at Ibrox, where we have a great pitch and a home support.

We do agree tho...........let's win every game.

:thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Poor viewpoint.

“Poor viewpoint”😂

If we stroll to a big win, don’t exert much energy and pick up no injuries, I’ll eat my words. If any of those things don’t happen, it’s poor team selection.

2 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

These squad players will cover the better players when they are injured, suspended or even fatigued. 

Allows us to have most of the stronger players playing regularly as a team with minimum change needed,

As I mentioned above a trophy win of any sort is a necessity, and this could be the easier challenge.

1 minute ago, Mclean RFC said:

If we get a trophy here and the players develope a winning mentality and thirst for it then I do not see celtic being a problem.

Gerrard has given belief but they have a mental block when it comes to celtic. 

Cellic are a problem, they are a winning side, and probably will have options to spend what is necessary in January.

4 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Our squad isn’t good enough to be able to make several changes.

We have a few squad players that can come in and do ok with the rest of the usual suspects but I wouldn’t want to see a team filled with squad players. A recipe for disaster.

It might be the least important competition but we haven’t won anything of note in about 8 years. The club need to be winning trophies again even if it starts with this one.

1 minute ago, tannerall said:

These squad players will cover the better players when they are injured, suspended or even fatigued. 

Allows us to have most of the stronger players playing regularly as a team with minimum change needed,

As I mentioned above a trophy win of any sort is a necessity, and this could be the easier challenge.

Or the manager has no faith in his squad to make changes? I just think this was the perfect opportunity to rest a few, Tav Arfield Morelos and Jack could’ve had a break tonight. 

Archived