KATIC......What's the story

Boybluesy

7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Oh and Katic and Edmundson played together in that game with Katic on the right and Edmundson on the left, you would’ve thought if the gaffer had them ear marked as only being able to play on one side of the defence he would’ve played them there in that game. 

Did we have Helander at this point? Can't remember. Either way, Gerrard has said that he wants two players fighting for each position and based on last season and so far this season, he sees Katic as a left sided CB who now has competition from Helander.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, bornabear said:

We can speculate until the cows come home, but at the end of the day, it's the Manager's job to pick the team.

The Manager knows, on a daily basis, how training, fitness etc. is going on at The Hummel Centre.

Also, with squad rotation, someone will always be unhappy with being left out.

Just like the manager knew when he dropped Katic for that donkey for most of last season.

6 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Did we have Helander at this point? Can't remember. Either way, Gerrard has said that he wants two players fighting for each position and based on last season and so far this season, he sees Katic as a left sided CB who now has competition from Helander.

Aye mate he was just in the door I believe and nowhere near ready to play. 

32 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

If Katic had performed as badly as Helander did on Sunday he would have been slaughtered on here, even Katic’s bad games against the Scum and Livingston he wasn’t as bad as Helander was or as bad as Goldson has been in quite a few games this season.

I must have watched a different game yesterday. I thought Goldson was the worst out the two by far. Constantly gave the ball away in 1st half an wanted far too long on the ball.

Apart from Helanders header which went into path of o’hallaron I can’t think of him doing much wrong. Even with that I thought he was a bit unlucky with it, poor positioning initially that led to it.

7 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

Goldson had a stinker against the tarriers but is absolute no where near what folk say he’s like 😂😂 absolute mental some shite a have read about him 

Your right mate, he just pings those cross field passes like an Exocet so he does. 

No idea the heat Helander is getting. Bar one misjudged header that he missed against Stevie May he was good, again. 

It was a massive mentality and character test from Gerrard to put him in against Feyenoord and he reacted brilliantly. 

I think he’s been very good in all his games tbh

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I have no issue when teams create chances from good play etc, what I can't accept is this need to claim Gerrard is correct for dropping Katic because we kept two clean sheets or that Helander's defending for the MOH was not poor. This notion there has been  an improvement in our defending the last two games is just false.

We paid £3m for this guy and he's regarded as dominant in the air and was bullied at times in that department against May, shudder to think how he fares against Crosgrove next week. 

Teams will always get chances against even the best in the world through mistakes, mistimed tackles etc.

No team really goes through a game without conceding a daft chance. There's usually always some lapse in concentration in a game.

That boy dykes was flinging katic about like a wee Lassie at times as well. But these things happen and any player can have a shite day 

You can only think somethinghas happened behind the scenes.  Otherwise, why wouldn’t Gerrard come out and clarify the issue.  All he needs to say is that the boy has played a lot of games recently and we think it’s time to give him a break.  

2 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

You can only think somethinghas happened behind the scenes.  Otherwise, why wouldn’t Gerrard come out and clarify the issue.  All he needs to say is that the boy has played a lot of games recently and we think it’s time to give him a break.  

He did. He said after the Feyenoord game that it was tactical. And although I think he made the right call by going for experience, I believe there is a story untold otherwise he would have been on the bench in the last two games.

35 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Hauled off? He was injured and missed the next few games.

My mistake. Sorry for not having a rain man like memory of every exact line up and injury that our players have ever had :lol:

But in all seriousness I do think Goldson Katic is our strongest partnership. Helendar is a decent option but on what we’ve seen so far I don’t think he’s a major improvement on either of them, which at the money we paid for him you would expect.

Archived