KATIC......What's the story

Boybluesy

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Katic and Helander are both left-sided and are unlikely to play many games together

Edmundson and Goldson are right-sided and are just as unlikely to play many games together.

Goldson and Katic have played plenty of games this season so far - and plenty together, Helander has barely featured after we spent 3.5m on him and Emdundson has been left looking on from the sidelines.

When Helander came into the side it was always likely Katic would be the one that made way for him. With Edmundson's relative lack of experience, it makes a bit more sense to have him on the bench as the third CB and let him get a taste of going to some of these places for the first time.

Folk looking for things that simply arent there.

I said something similar when we signed Helander that there may be a few games where Katic plays right and Helander plays left, but only in unusual circumstances. I also said that I don't think we will see too many Edmundson-Katic  pairings because both are relatively inexperienced. There was no way we would pay such a fee for a Swedish international and have him there to sit on the bench every week, so obviously it was Katic who would get the short straw.

Katic will certainly know why he isn't  playing, or even in the squad, as will all players who miss out, because Gerrard shoots with a straight gun and doesn't sugarcoat his reasons.

On a separate note, did you hear Tom Miller say at the start of the Feyenoord game that Goldson had been shuffled across to the right of central defence to accommodate Helander on the left? Now maybe I'm missing something but how many times has Goldson played on the left side of the defence no matter whether Katic or Worrall was his partner. I think he's losing the plot is Tam commentator.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Katic's problem is he doesn't have a commanding figure next to him to help him through games.

Goldson needs a ready made partner along side him. 

So Katic problem is Goldson not good enough and Goldson problem Katic not experienced enough?

3 hours ago, BlueMe said:

A lot of people are forgetting that Katic was absolutely pish in the two games before he was dropped for some reason.

Katic has played a big part already and will get a chance again, but Helander deserves a chance now imo. 

Goldson has been far worse than Katic.    

4 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

There seems to be some kind of issue with Katic being dropped from the squad for the last two games.    He's the best CB we have in my opinion.

On  form I think it's Goldson but you can be sure he wouldn't just be binned katic 

Btw he's lost form but to be taken out the 18 after livi that's a disgrace imo 

13 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Goldson has been far worse than Katic.    

Debatable imo. 

Both could've been dropped after their performance against celtic and Livingston tbh and like i said earlier, if Goldson had a ready made replacement ready to step in, he might have been dropped as well tbh.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

And Tavernier is his 1rb, and McGregor his 1gk. The one reason for it is they’re the best in that position

On form yes but after the last few weeks how can katic just be bombed out completely.

I have no issue with him no playing he's lost form but out the 18 mon tae fuck

Don’t think there’s anything going on the background. He’s been looking for an excuse to drop Katic since he payed £3 million for Helander. Helander coming in wouldn’t bother anybody if it was Goldson getting dropped, he just doesn’t have the balls to do it. 

Archived