KATIC......What's the story

Boybluesy

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, soulboy said:

Still doesn't explain why katic not on the bench . Also why make change for change sake against feyenoord when goldson and helander have hardly played together in a very important game. If anyone should have been left out it should have been goldson as he has been the poorer of the 2. 

It wasn’t change for changes sake against Feyenoord though because Katic and Goldson had both been pish against celtic and Livingston and as the less senior player Katic was the one who dropped out.

35 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

But it was the correct selection as shown by how we defended and the result.

This is what I mean it's bordering on hysterical.

Said it yesterday and I’ll say it again but the entire argument that most people seem to have is “aye but Goldson”. There’s not many managers who are going to drop their vice captain and the player they consider their leader from the back in favour of a younger player.

23 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

A lot of people won't see how much Goldson adds to the defence by marshelling it and keeping the rest of the defenders right. I do think he will be dropped against livi tho

People say Katic is a bigger goal threat than Goldson as well, but Goldson has scored 3 goals with 2 assists and Katic has 1 goal.

Also, Rfc52 is clearly raging in this thread btw.

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

What personal issues?

His old man was diagnosed with a terminal illness mate.

2 months after I moved out of my parents house my old fella was diagnosed with cancer, it was horrible not being there and I literally only lived a ten minute walk away. Can't imagine what it would be like to be the other side of Europe when I got that news.

15 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

People say Katic is a bigger goal threat than Goldson as well, but Goldson has scored 3 goals with 2 assists and Katic has 1 goal.

Also, Rfc52 is clearly raging in this thread btw.

According to the pinned thread competitively Goldson has 2 goals, one assist. Katic has 1 goal, one assist.  Goldson has played about 1/3 more than Katic, so it's actually fairly close. 

Cant remember what I had for breakfast let alone friendlies weeks ago if thats included in your stats, just think both are much of a muchness attacking.

He's beelin, almost hysterical himself.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Where was that quote from mate? 

I've never any official article saying that was the case, all I ever read was it was a rumour started online. Gerrards comments about Katic in December last year never suggested any off field issues. 

Came from a few reputable sources mate. I doubt the club or the manager was gonna make an official announcement. It's not really anyone's business is it?

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

According to the pinned thread competitively Goldson has 2 goals, one assist. Katic has 1 goal, one assist.  Goldson has played about 1/3 more than Katic, so it's actually fairly close. 

Cant remember what I had for breakfast let alone friendlies weeks ago if thats included in your stats, just think both are much of a muchness attacking.

Aye am beelin we are winning and no conceding goals :lol:

32 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Fuck knows if it's correct mate, not that it matters tbh.

Archived