Sign in to follow this  
Boybluesy

KATIC......What's the story

4 minutes ago, soulboy said:

There is a story katic not even on the bench last 2 games is a story. Gerrard was interviewed before feyenoord game when asked about katic he said tactical for this game katic is a beast in both boxes in the league. Or words to that effect , so why wasn't he back in the team on sun.

Maybe because Goldson and Helendar contributed to a clean sheet and played well in a European game against one of the best sides we’ve faced this season. They earned their places on Sunday. Why would we make change for changes sake?

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Nobody is saying don't discuss it. After two good wins and two clean sheets people were still suggesting Gerrard had the wrong team selected.

We aren't talking about a daft Nottingham Forrest wee boy replacing him. It's a swedish international with serie A experience. When katic first came in it was stated from the get go that he would be a project and would be in and out of the team.

I'll say it again, I like the boy, I believe he's a good player but when you're highlighting not winning a header in a 90 minute game to justify katic starting it's a bit pathetic.  (Not saying you said that)

We've not conceded a goal and only conceded 3 real chances in two matches. Livi had a good few chances against us at ibrox, halliday and katic at fault for a few of them.

If goldson was the one dropped and katic and helander played and we'd the same results I'd be saying the same to those getting upset about goldson not playing.

Both coulda been dropped but it's no surprise to me that the younger of the two dropped out 

Gerrard said this in the press conference at Katic's signing and for some reason no-one heard it or are choosing to forget they heard it.

I think the boys attempts settling in were disrupted last season with his personal issues and that played a part on his sudden removal from the team.

BlueMe and Rfc52 like this

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Maybe because Goldson and Helendar contributed to a clean sheet and played well in a European game against one of the best sides we’ve faced this season. They earned their places on Sunday. Why would we make change for changes sake?

Still doesn't explain why katic not on the bench . Also why make change for change sake against feyenoord when goldson and helander have hardly played together in a very important game. If anyone should have been left out it should have been goldson as he has been the poorer of the 2. 

Spoilt for choice in this position. Katic is still, in a lot out opinions, the best performing CB so far this season.

However it’s not like he’s being swapped out for Russell Martin - Helander is clearly a decent CB, needs to go through players with his headers more but every player has their faults. 

Just hope Katic doesn’t get disheartened and push for a move as he really has done very little to be dropped ahead of Goldson. 

5 minutes ago, soulboy said:

Still doesn't explain why katic not on the bench . Also why make change for change sake against feyenoord when goldson and helander have hardly played together in a very important game. If anyone should have been left out it should have been goldson as he has been the poorer of the 2. 

But it was the correct selection as shown by how we defended and the result.

This is what I mean it's bordering on hysterical.

40 minutes ago, soulboy said:

It wasn’t change for changes sake against Feyenoord though because Katic and Goldson had both been pish against celtic and Livingston and as the less senior player Katic was the one who dropped out.

35 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

But it was the correct selection as shown by how we defended and the result.

This is what I mean it's bordering on hysterical.

Said it yesterday and I’ll say it again but the entire argument that most people seem to have is “aye but Goldson”. There’s not many managers who are going to drop their vice captain and the player they consider their leader from the back in favour of a younger player.

Rfc52 likes this

23 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

A lot of people won't see how much Goldson adds to the defence by marshelling it and keeping the rest of the defenders right. I do think he will be dropped against livi tho

People say Katic is a bigger goal threat than Goldson as well, but Goldson has scored 3 goals with 2 assists and Katic has 1 goal.

Also, Rfc52 is clearly raging in this thread btw.

born a blue nose and Rfc52 like this

1 hour ago, Getstiffed said:

Gerrard said this in the press conference at Katic's signing and for some reason no-one heard it or are choosing to forget they heard it.

I think the boys attempts settling in were disrupted last season with his personal issues and that played a part on his sudden removal from the team.

What personal issues?

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

What personal issues?

His old man was diagnosed with a terminal illness mate.

2 months after I moved out of my parents house my old fella was diagnosed with cancer, it was horrible not being there and I literally only lived a ten minute walk away. Can't imagine what it would be like to be the other side of Europe when I got that news.

Sparkle likes this

3 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

His old man was diagnosed with a terminal illness mate.

2 months after I moved out of my parents house my old fella was diagnosed with cancer, it was horrible not being there and I literally only lived a ten minute walk away. Can't imagine what it would be like to be the other side of Europe when I got that news.

Where was that quote from mate? 

I've never any official article saying that was the case, all I ever read was it was a rumour started online. Gerrards comments about Katic in December last year never suggested any off field issues. 

15 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

People say Katic is a bigger goal threat than Goldson as well, but Goldson has scored 3 goals with 2 assists and Katic has 1 goal.

Also, Rfc52 is clearly raging in this thread btw.

According to the pinned thread competitively Goldson has 2 goals, one assist. Katic has 1 goal, one assist.  Goldson has played about 1/3 more than Katic, so it's actually fairly close. 

Cant remember what I had for breakfast let alone friendlies weeks ago if thats included in your stats, just think both are much of a muchness attacking.

He's beelin, almost hysterical himself.

BlueMe likes this

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Where was that quote from mate? 

I've never any official article saying that was the case, all I ever read was it was a rumour started online. Gerrards comments about Katic in December last year never suggested any off field issues. 

Came from a few reputable sources mate. I doubt the club or the manager was gonna make an official announcement. It's not really anyone's business is it?

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

According to the pinned thread competitively Goldson has 2 goals, one assist. Katic has 1 goal, one assist.  Goldson has played about 1/3 more than Katic, so it's actually fairly close. 

Cant remember what I had for breakfast let alone friendlies weeks ago if thats included in your stats, just think both are much of a muchness attacking.

Barisic goal against St Josephs will be the extra goal part.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Aye am beelin we are winning and no conceding goals :lol: