KATIC......What's the story

Boybluesy

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DBBTB said:

We going to get a Helendar...whats the story thread full of mad paranoia about how there’s been a fall out or how there must an issue between him and Gerrard because he’s been completely left out today? :pipe:

Could it be he was simply shite last game?

3 hours ago, DBBTB said:

We going to get a Helendar...whats the story thread full of mad paranoia about how there’s been a fall out or how there must an issue between him and Gerrard because he’s been completely left out today? :pipe:

Who gives a fuck. Big Katic was immense.😁

34 minutes ago, JograBear said:

Could it be he was simply shite last game?

Which was my point. Katic was poor and got dropped as a result. It wasn’t because of a falling out or some behind the scenes reason like people seemed to want to think was the reason behind it. The same thing has just happened with Helender.

5 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

As the manager said after feyenoord. We have 4 good cbs who will suit different games. 

Today was a day for Katic.

Yes mate. I think Helander hasn't performed as strongly as Katic, but he's much newer and it did take Katic a while. Overall I've been very encouraged by Helander

6 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

Yes mate. I think Helander hasn't performed as strongly as Katic, but he's much newer and it did take Katic a while. Overall I've been very encouraged by Helander

I’ve been encouraged by Helanders confidence on the ball and ability to play out from the back, looks like he reads the game well also

However for someone his size he looks lacking when it comes to the physical battle and looks like he’d definitely be more suited playing next to a partner with some recovery pace like Katic or Edmundson rather than someone who’s possibly just as slow in Goldson 

Just now, GA1972 said:

I’ve been encouraged by Helanders confidence on the ball and ability to play out from the back, looks like he reads the game well also

However for someone his size he looks lacking when it comes to the physical battle and looks like he’d definitely be more suited playing next to a partner with some recovery pace like Katic or Edmundson rather than someone who’s possibly just as slow in Goldson 

I think there are shortcomings there for sure. Gerrard will no doubt have his eye on them and will either play him at the right times, or have him improve these specific aspects of his game. Probably both!

11 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Just end the thread there 

Couldn’t agree more with anything 

I never forgot when Mark Hateley came out with his "meat and two veg" statement. Katic just personifies this. 

Still a young player and a mouth watering prospect. Fucking frightening to think just how good he will be. We've been crying out for someone of his ability and character in CD for a long time..

4 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Katic is a gladiator as is Edmundson. The other two don't have that. I suppose it's about the balance at the end of the day, but I'd like to see Edmundson alongside to see how it works. 

9 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Katic is a gladiator as is Edmundson. The other two don't have that. I suppose it's about the balance at the end of the day, but I'd like to see Edmundson alongside to see how it works. 

I’d like to see those 2 tried together, we’d be colossal in the air and I reckon we’d be very decent playing out from the back 

Just now, krissg910 said:

Should never have been dropped

Don't see why not. As has been previously said Helander has some shortcomings, but he got through his run pretty well and played his part. I think it's really important for him to have had this game time, we may really need him if there's an injury as well.

Archived