Gers v Liverpool - Legends match

OceanRain

Rangers FOOTBALL CLUB has today confirmed a glamour friendly with Liverpool Legends at Ibrox Stadium on Saturday 12 October 2019.

Gers boss and Liverpool icon and former captain Steven Gerrard will step onto the hallowed turf at Ibrox in front of the legions of Light Blue fans.

The match will undoubtedly capture the imagination of the Gers faithful as some of the finest players ever to feature for Rangers and the English Premier League side head to Govan for the match.

The Rangers side will be managed by former Rangers and Scotland manager Alex McLeish and feature Gers legends captained by Richard Gough with a host of other names to be confirmed over the coming weeks.

The Reds will be captained by Gers boss Gerrard and his side will feature a host of other Liverpool Legends, including illustrious names such as Jamie Carragher, Luis Garcia and Patrick Berger.

Liverpool Legend Jason McAteer said: “I’m delighted to be playing at the Ibrox next month.

“There are some fantastic Legends in the mix so it’s set to be a competitive and entertaining game for the fans”

Rangers captain Richard Gough said: “It will be a pleasure to pull on my boots once again and run out at Ibrox.

“I’m expecting this to be a really competitive game and it will be an exciting match for fans of both Rangers and Liverpool to enjoy.

“I know that the Gers fans will come out in their numbers to see a well-contested game of football and some of the greatest players to have ever played the game.”

Tickets go on sale to season ticket holders from Monday 23rd September with a public sale to follow on Monday 30th September.

Tickets are priced at £15 for adults, £10 for concessions and £5 for children and supporters will be able to see a host of Rangers and Liverpool legends in action on the hallowed turf.

Tickets for a Legends Dinner at the Glynhill Hotel on Friday 11th October are also on sale for £100+VAT per person or £1,000+VAT for a table of ten, and you can register your interest by contacting the Events Team on 0141 580 8601, emailing events@Rangers.co.uk or book online.

The dinner will provide an opportunity to meet some of the stars taking part in the game and hear interviews and anecdotes, as well as enjoying a first-class 3-course meal and wine.

The Rangers Charity Foundation and LFC Foundation will benefit from the proceeds of the gala dinner and fans of each team will have the opportunity to donate to both on the day of the match.

https://Rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/Rangers-confirm-legends-match-against-liverpool/

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

If Mark Walters plays then I’m in 👍

One of my favourite players of that time, would love it if he was up to it. 

I fully expect Der Hammer to appear, long dig competition with him and Mr Gerrard would be legendary. 

Archived