Gers v Liverpool - Legends match

OceanRain

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Hopefully so but most if not all of those there today won’t need converting.   Missed the game and just had a look at the LFC TV recording.   Painted a great picture of The Rangers and will have been watched by many more than the 30000 in the ground. 

Maybe but a word or two from Carragher or his media pals shall do no harm whatsoever, we know what we have and who we are but its time it was no secret,

55 minutes ago, pcbear said:

That will be another group of pros heading back down south with nothing but good to say about The Rangers, its a slow burner but the tide is turning.

I lived down south for 30 years, moved to Eastbourne on the south coast in 78, all through my school years the amount of cunts loving the Irish National team in world cups etc was absolutely unbelievable. They were actively bombing mainland England and I swear my school education would have you believe that the union flag was English and that Southern Ireland was part of the uk. Place was littered with paddy’s and plastic taigs from Glasgow, but most of them had never been to a game, cunts absolutely despised me to a man though as I was still living there through 9iar ha ha. There was about 250 of the cunts started a supporters club that never left the fucking town for a match. To the best of my knowledge there was about 20 proper bears all through my 25 year there yet each and every one of they bastards knew their place 😂

41 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Hopefully so but most if not all of those there today won’t need converting.   Missed the game and just had a look at the LFC TV recording.   Painted a great picture of The Rangers and will have been watched by many more than the 30000 in the ground. 

Indeed mate, were I lived on the south coast years ago, plenty of scouse lads down there, irrespective of age, made some lifelong friends, and had some great trips up there, mainly staying in Kirkby but that was ten years or so back and from what I hear the place has changed from all recognition since then. 
brilliant on the way home from pre season Bristol city on the glassy bud we stopped off at an orange halls in Liverpool till gone midnight, fucking great unexpected night 😂😂

4 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

I lived down south for 30 years, moved to Eastbourne on the south coast in 78, all through my school years the amount of cunts loving the Irish National team in world cups etc was absolutely unbelievable. They were actively bombing mainland England and I swear my school education would have you believe that the union flag was English and that Southern Ireland was part of the uk. Place was littered with paddy’s and plastic taigs from Glasgow, but most of them had never been to a game, cunts absolutely despised me to a man though as I was still living there through 9iar ha ha. There was about 250 of the cunts started a supporters club that never left the fucking town for a match. To the best of my knowledge there was about 20 proper bears all through my 25 year there yet each and every one of they bastards knew their place 😂

Nice one Tam, did you know the scaffolder guy who died and if I remember correctly he was from that way and some sort of benefit game was played,(5 ish years ago) my geography could be totally fucked right enough

26 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Nice one Tam, did you know the scaffolder guy who died and if I remember correctly he was from that way and some sort of benefit game was played,(5 ish years ago) my geography could be totally fucked right enough

Didn’t know him personally mate but remember it well, guy lived in Brighton and by all accounts was a great guy, certainly had a lot of folk that his death affected. 

29 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Benefit game was in Bognor 

4 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Benefit game was in Bognor 

I'm in Kent and was going to head down but a family drama scuppered that, I remember at the time everyone who knew the guy were gutted as he was a proper character and good guy, Goram and a few other names turned out if I remember correctly.

1 minute ago, pcbear said:

I'm in Kent and was going to head down but a family drama scuppered that, I remember at the time everyone who knew the guy were gutted as he was a proper character and good guy, Goram and a few other names turned out if I remember correctly.

Yeah he was a well respected guy, he knew most of the people I’d gone to football with for years so it’s a surprise our paths never crossed. 

6 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

Trevor Stevens giving Charlie the hard patch

5 hours ago, MarzM said:

Trevor Stevens looked knackered coming onto the pitch! lol

I don't think anyone told Hill to calm down! haha

Trevor Steven FFS 

Pedantic Loyal 😁

Was funny right enough 😄

27 minutes ago, pcbear said:

How long you stayed down south bud ? I was five when my family left Glasgow, spent 30 years between Eastbourne then London before finally moving back ten years ago. Best thing I’ve ever done 

1 hour ago, Mclean RFC said:

I was already a gerrard fan boy before seeing this. 

New screen saver , new laptop desktop image , any new device now has gerrard in a Rangers top all fucking over it.

In their playing days obviously both absolutely world class, but I’d always thought Lampard was the better player, but my dislike for Liverpool as a club possibly swayed my decision and I never really liked Gerrard to much as he basically was the club for years. By fuck have I changed my mind on the guy, oozes class in everything he does 

7 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

How long you stayed down south bud ? I was five when my family left Glasgow, spent 30 years between Eastbourne then London before finally moving back ten years ago. Best thing I’ve ever done 

30 years ive been here, I only came for a look, went home for a short time them came back down with a bag of clothes and a bag of tools and no job but then the evening standard was full of them, my collection of bits has grown slightly since though. I don't get up the road too often but I always get a match in.

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

30 years ive been here, I only came for a look, went home for a short time them came back down with a bag of clothes and a bag of tools and no job but then the evening standard was full of them, my collection of bits has grown slightly since though. I don't get up the road too often but I always get a match in.

When I was shopfitting in London the Standard was known as the jackers journal.😜

Although I like these matches, I don't know about anyone else but I find it quite gutting seeing a lot of my heros getting older and not being able to do what they used to do.

Was great seeing Lovenkrands speed away down the left, as he would say out of position, but he still looked good. I think I spent most of the match waiting for Mols to come on, then get excited when he got the ball hoping he'd score. Wasn't meant to be though.

Archived