Gers v Liverpool - Legends match

OceanRain

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched a legends match v Milan a few years ago in the early hours in a horrid hotel room in an even more horrid city in Northern China. Taiyuan, IIRC,   It was a good game and got me through the night, before I escaped the next day.   Think I'll watch this one from the comfort of the Sandy Jardine. 

2 hours ago, fanaticCR said:

Nah your probably right mate. Just sad it’s not down there.

To be fair, you have a valid point. You're watching a game being played at little more than walking pace by guys in their 40s. It's nice to see the legends playing in blue again but you're not exactly going to see a good game of football. Not my idea of fun.

7 hours ago, ready1873 said:

McAteer mentioned in one of they clips that players like Carragher, Heskey, Glen Johnson and Crouch are involved. Hope we have similar aged boys too Fs. Hope there's a good crowd. 

Heskey wont get a game, few opportunities for coloured players in these legends games. 

21 hours ago, ready1873 said:

McAteer mentioned in one of they clips that players like Carragher, Heskey, Glen Johnson and Crouch are involved. Hope we have similar aged boys too Fs. Hope there's a good crowd. 

Wasn't that McAteer meant to be a right thick bastard?  Seem to remember a story about him shouting "180" at Jimmy White the dafty, think it was Ruddock that tells the story. 😂

Archived