Funeral of Fernando

ianb1547

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never got the chance to head over to Ibrox to pay my respects due to a day off work with my wee lassie being sick but will watch as the legend passes by towards the Linn Crematorium. I stay local so once the mrs gets in from work ill head down. Rest in peace Fernando. Forever our captain

39 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Sadly full of spackers more interested in filming it for their Facebook than actually paying their respects. 

There are TV companies there doing that job, call me old fashioned but what the fuck are you even going to do with that video? 

Anyway, sleep easy Fernando. One of our own. 

Have to agree with you there mate. You take the time to go and show your respects but can't see a thing due to idiots holding their phones up to record what should be a  moment to reflect on the life of a legend. That's the Facebook generation, too busy recording their lives and getting likes to actually live it. 

Was a good turnout for the big man which he truly deserved. RIP Fernando.

Just now, ricksen_da_best said:

Would struggle to understand the reasoning behind Tav no going as captain imo

See your point but if McGregor is going then it's at least representation from the first team from a player that actually knew Fernando.

I know Tav has obviously met him too but McGregor knew the real Fernando.

Just now, ricksen_da_best said:

I agree but being honest I don't see many going for 2 reasons the game tonight and whilst they represent us now only McGregor knew Fernando personally.

54 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Sadly full of spackers more interested in filming it for their Facebook than actually paying their respects. 

There are TV companies there doing that job, call me old fashioned but what the fuck are you even going to do with that video? 

Anyway, sleep easy Fernando. One of our own. 

You'd think they would realise a funeral procession isn't the time or place to be holding up a phone filming, mental. Cunts feel the need to broadcast everything on their shitty social media platforms these days.

13 minutes ago, ricksen_da_best said:

suppose we have a game tonight actually

Mcgregor as an ex team- mate should be going.

Maybe i’m being pedantic, but standing at the main doors of stadium in tracksuits to see cortege is poor imo.

Could’ve wore suits and then changed at hotel before game.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Maybe i’m being pedantic, but standing at the main doors of stadium in tracksuits to see cortege is poor imo.

Agreed mate. Poor show with the tracksuits. 

Anyone filming the hearse passing is a fucking idiot aswell. Plenty of news outlets there doing it.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Not exactly an unreasonable request tbf 

1 minute ago, fanaticCR said:

Agreed mate. Poor show with the tracksuits. 

Anyone filming the hearse passing is a fucking idiot aswell. Plenty of news outlets there doing it.

It's utter lowlife behaviour IMO.

You wonder how they would react to someone filming the hearse or running on the road to take pictures if it was their own family member in there.

I agree a lot of it was in poor taste today but its reflected in our society.

Folk would video folk getting a beating rather than help. Clapping as a respect rather than minutes silence. Singing as a  funeral cortege passes. Lack of poppy worn etc. Respect often isnt a true commodity these days.

None of it sits well with me, but they did go along and pay respect in the (wrong) way that they think is right. It's done.

8 minutes ago, rfc1990 said:

Someone on facetime there. Some folk have no shame. 

IMG_20190925_144722.jpg

I can see the cunt that was live streaming in that picture as well. Must've put her phone away after recording herself throwing a rose on the hearse though as she seems to be clapping her hands there.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I agree a lot of it was on poor taste today but its reflected in our society.

Folk would video folk getting a beating rather than help. Clapping as a respect rather than minutes silence. Singing as a  funeral cortege passes. Lack of poppy worn etc. Respect isnt a true value today.

None of it sits well with me, but they did go along and pay respect in the (wrong) way that they think is right. It's done.

The singing didn't bother me. Being honest I actually expected it to happen.

It’s the way of the World these days, folk videoing stuff.

It was a public event, different if they were doing it inside the church or crematorium, that’s for family and friends.

I fully understand folk who take exception though.

Proud of the turnout, rest in peace Fernando.

Archived