Happy birthday Ally

To Be A Ranger

26 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

I apologise for calling Fernando a legend

What a mong

Their situations are in no way comparable and you could've used any number of ex players or managers to make a comparison, but you used Fernando in an attempt to make your wee post even more dramatic.

The man isn't even buried yet and you think it's acceptable to use his name to try and gain a few extra staunch points.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, superallysbears said:

The man was on a contract he was entitled to, also spoke up for the club when the shit storm hit, the guy had the weight of the world on his shoulders to the point it looked as if it had made him ill, he was and still is a Rangers man in my book. 

After his embarrassing three years in charge as manager if you think he was entitled to anything you’re off your nut. 😂

21 minutes ago, GOAT said:

After his embarrassing three years in charge as manager if you think he was entitled to anything you’re off your nut. 😂

How would you feel if you went into your work and they said "you're not very good at fitting smart meters, so we're not paying you"

Are you going to say "aye that's fair enough, i've been here a few years now and earned a good living, i don't deserve it tbh, I'll just leave it, good luck"

And before the "this is different to a normal job" argument gets used - no, it's not.

2 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

How would you feel if you went into your work and they said "you're not very good at fitting smart meters, so we're not paying you"

Are you going to say "aye that's fair enough, i've been here a few years now and earned a good living, i don't deserve it tbh, I'll just leave it, good luck"

And before the "this is different to a normal job" argument gets used - no, it's not.

Should also be acknowledged that according to my extensive research (quick google). Ally McCoist has a net worth of $10 million.  Which is £8 million quid. And to be perfectly frank. £8million quid is not that big a deal these days. 

7 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Should also be acknowledged that according to my extensive research (quick google). Ally McCoist has a net worth of $10 million.  Which is £8 million quid. And to be perfectly frank. £8million quid is not that big a deal these days. 

Millionaire or not, everyone lives within their means and spends accordingly - nobody's walking away from money owed to them tbh, especially when it's going straight in the pocket of a bunch of crooks if you do.

3 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Millionaire or not, everyone lives within their means and spends accordingly - nobody's walking away from money owed to them tbh, especially when it's going straight in the pocket of a bunch of crooks if you do.

Yeah. To be clear. I am agreeing with you.

He is not really that rich in the grand scheme of things so why should he walk away from money owed to him. 

7 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

I wish I had the small deal of 8 million lying around.

Me too. But it’s not that much in today’s terms. Michael Owen has 30 mill. Robbie Fowler 60 mill. 

I have mates out of London that are worth similar to Ally just because of a few property deals. 

8 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Me too. But it’s not that much in today’s terms. Michael Owen has 30 mill. Robbie Fowler 60 mill. 

I have mates out of London that are worth similar to Ally just because of a few property deals. 

Tell your mates they're welcome round at my bit anytime then.

12 hours ago, superallysbears said:

Let's face it we all wanted him to succeed, unfortunately it never worked and that's left a bitter taste for some, I like to remember the player I grew up adoring, happy birthday super Ally Mcoist. 

His failings as a manager did not leave a bitter taste. His utter refusal to acknowledge how awful he was and to hang on to his huge salary when it was not in the least deserved while the club was skint is what leaves a bitter taste

1 hour ago, BlueMe said:

He was on stupid money in the first place due to the Martin Bain old pals act then this was reinforced by Green to keep him onside. He made a fortune from us over the three years which his managerial "experience" never merited and I cannot recall one positive from his time in charge - we were abject. We were struggling for money when he was put on gardening leave because we couldn't afford to sack him.. He certainly wasn't struggling financially and would have still have been a multi millionaire if he'd refused any subsequent remuneration. But he couldn't resist further milking of his cash cow and, in turn, tarnished his reputation with many. His choice and that's why loads of us are a bit meh about him now. Loved him as a player wish he'd never been made manager.

44 minutes ago, don logan said:

He was on stupid money in the first place due to the Martin Bain old pals act then this was reinforced by Green to keep him onside. He made a fortune from us over the three years which his managerial "experience" never merited and I cannot recall one positive from his time in charge - we were abject. We were struggling for money when he was put on gardening leave because we couldn't afford to sack him.. He certainly wasn't struggling financially and would have still have been a multi millionaire if he'd refused any subsequent remuneration. But he couldn't resist further milking of his cash cow and, in turn, tarnished his reputation with many. His choice and that's why loads of us are a bit meh about him now. Loved him as a player wish he'd never been made manager.

Almost to a man the fanbase at the time of starting in the bottom tier we all thought McCoist deserved a chance. Even though deep down we knew he wasn't top manager material. 

As time went on that support slowly faded, At the time I felt it was a bit harsh as he had matters we all tend to forget about. The transfer embargo for 3 windows, so he effectively had a team for 2 seasons that he couldn't do much with, the youths were also in a poor state due to so many young players also leaving, he had that easdale cunt as director of football. So he was never getting the best chance. I was still backing him. 

Then by the time we got to the championship the Green and Co had spunked all the money so he was in a sense restricted again to what he really should have had availible to him. He was still having to look for the best free transfers instead of paying 1m or 2m on somebody that could come in and become an asset. I still backed him 

What ended it for me was when King and the 3 bears came in and he still insisted on a pay up of his contract. I was of the opinion that when he went on gardening leave he was strangling the club as a means of getting the old regime out, but when new regime came in he was still draining the finances for himself not the good of the club, 

The minute he was paid up he was on TV within days and since then he hasn't quite joined the same club as the likes of Ferguson and Boyd who slate the club excessively and devalue the likes of Morelos for a buck, But he hasn't been giving the backing to the club that I feel he should. 

Loved him as a player. I'm forever grateful for his work during the admin period, feel he was pissing against the wall as a limited manager but I can't forgive the way he acted the minute he took a back seat. 

No worse a manager than Greig tbh. Fortunately the passage of time dulls bad memories.

The real pity with McCoist was that there seemed to be too much pure self interest in the final stages.

Always a legend for me but a bit of the shine has been taken off and can't really see how it can ever be restored.

Some folk go to far with the negativity though imo

Some folk need to have a look at themselves slating our all-time leading striker, contributor to nine in a row helping us become the dominant force in Scottish football throughout the 90’s and more.

You’d struggle to find anyone else that wants the best for us more and for us to succeed, in his punditry he’s just been truthful about the gap to the taigs and some couldn’t stick hearing that since 2012 they were better. 

Derek Llambias forced him on gardening leave meaning an ex-bheast coach took charge in Kenny McDowall.

Player - legend.

Manager - you can only work with the players you’ve got. Chose to take the job at the worst point in the clubs history.  One of the only cunts who wanted to help at the time imo.  One of the best Ranger’s.

1 hour ago, don logan said:

I've already covered this in a previous reply tbh. 

He was a shite manager - nobody's disputing that fact - but being bad at your job doesn't mean you don't get paid for doing it. 

Also, it's naive to think just because someone's a millionaire they shouldn't / wouldn't want to earn more money. 

1 hour ago, CR3 said:

Some folk need to have a look at themselves slating our all-time leading striker, contributor to nine in a row helping us become the dominant force in Scottish football throughout the 90’s and more.

You’d struggle to find anyone else that wants the best for us more and for us to succeed, in his punditry he’s just been truthful about the gap to the taigs and some couldn’t stick hearing that since 2012 they were better. 

Derek Llambias forced him on gardening leave meaning an ex-bheast coach took charge in Kenny McDowall.

Player - legend.

Manager - you can only work with the players you’ve got. Chose to take the job at the worst point in the clubs history.  One of the only cunts who wanted to help at the time imo.  One of the best Ranger’s.

100% this - and never bad mouthed the club or fans no matter what as about him. 

One of the greats! 

Archived