Helander

Chosen_One

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Maybe because Edmundson was just in the door and Katic was still recovering from playing most of the summer and everyone rightly thought he would come back into the side when he was rested. 

He played three or four youth games over a two month spell after playing something like 11 games for us in the previous seven months.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

What's naive about playing a centre-back pairing that have yet to concede a goal in four games together?

If you read my other posts I’m purely referencing last night when they were rag dolled by Dykes and only sloppy finishing was the reason Livingston didn’t score.

Because we couldn’t deal with winning headers or getting to second ball from knock downs - e were all over the place at the back for the majority of the game, clean sheet or not. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Because he gets cast aside first sign of a rocky patch while we watch other players allowed to have bad game after bad game and nothing happens. 

After his performances against celtic and Livingston I've not got a problem with Helander getting a chance tbh.

Last night was the first time Helander looked average and a lot of that's down to that pitch and oppositions tactics imo.

Katic was signed as a player for the future and he's developed quicker than expected according to Gerrard. He'll still play a big part throughout the season.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

So because I used a stat that means I'm obliged to look up any other stat you so wish to introduce? Nah. You want to use stats to back up your argument, go find them  yourself.

Aye, you can’t use pointless stats to back up your argument but then refuse to look at any other stat. 

You are continually bleating on about the defence not having conceded, so as you have all the stats and want to use them the. tell us how many shots they have allowed. Because after all that’s the most important stat when it comes to any back 4, no shots on goal equals no goals against. Lots of shots on goal equals goals or you better have Davis and McGregor in the team. 

I’m sure you have them to hand, don’t you. 

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Maybe because Edmundson was just in the door and Katic was still recovering from playing most of the summer and everyone rightly thought he would come back into the side when he was rested. 

So it's ok to drop someone playing well as long as it's to make way for Katic?

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You appear to have confused me with Steven Gerrard here.

A player made a goalline clearance? well fuck me. Sack all the defenders and start again. McGregor should obviously retire too as he's conceded goals at times this season,

Don't prove yourself to be the wanker most believe you are😉

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

What has the guy everyone is bitching about being dropped got to do with the guy who replaced him in the starting XI?

No one bitching they are just stating what they feel I know you being a Narcissist will not be able to see that. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Aye, you can’t use pointless stats to back up your argument but then refuse to look at any other stat. 

You are continually bleating on about the defence not having conceded, so as you have all the stats and want to use them the. tell us how many shots they have allowed. Because after all that’s the most important stat when it comes to any back 4, no shots on goal equals no goals against. Lots of shots on goal equals goals or you better have Davis and McGregor in the team. 

I’m sure you have them to hand, don’t you. 

Which other stat?

The most important stat when it comes to the defence isn't how many shots they conceded but how many goals they conceded. That's the one that counts on the scoreboard. Nobody wins games on the number of shots they had. They do win them based on the number of goals scored and conceded.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

No one bitching they are just stating what they feel I know you being a Narcissist will not be able to see that. 

No, lots of people are bitching. The usual nonsense about being Gerrard' favourite and doing no wrong despite Katic's form being ropey recently too.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Which other stat?

The most important stat when it comes to the defence isn't how many shots they conceded but how many goals they conceded. That's the one that counts on the scoreboard. Nobody wins games on the number of shots they had. They do win them based on the number of goals scored and conceded.

Well tell us then how many shots did they allow?? 

7 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

After his performances against celtic and Livingston I've not got a problem with Helander getting a chance tbh.

Last night was the first time Helander looked average and a lot of that's down to that pitch and oppositions tactics imo.

Katic was signed as a player for the future and he's developed quicker than expected according to Gerrard. He'll still play a big part throughout the season.

Pitch has nothing to do with balls in the air and looking like he was running through mud. Having poor positional sense and looking like a girl guide could outmuscle him  

The problem I had with dropping Katic was him dropping totally out the squad. I said before it both him and Goldson needed a rest but it would’ve been after the Feyenoord game. 

Still waiting on goldson getting his rest. 

Mad that some people have watched our defending in the last 2 games and found it acceptable just because we kept a clean sheet. We’ve been lucky that we haven’t been playing against anyone 

Seems some are still seething they were proved wrong in claiming Worrall was far better than Katic last year. The reason a lot of us want him playing is despite not being perfect he’s been streets ahead of anyone else we’ve seen at the back this season not because of some myth that he can do no wrong. If he was out there looking like a dumpling playing shite balls out of defence every game I’d be fuming at him as well but the fact is more often than not he’s been an absolute rock for us and against pishy long ball teams guarantees you won’t get beat in the air.

If Morelos has 2 slightly below par games where he still hasn’t really made any glaring mistakes would be be dropped? Would Jack get punted for Andy King in the same situation? Definitely not and rightly so, so why is it fair that it’s happening to this lad

You’ve got to look long term as well, he could be worth a fortune to someone down south or abroad in the future so do you really want to piss him off to the extent he forces a move say next summer for a small fee then shines elsewhere only to be worth 10 million+

Archived