Helander

Chosen_One

Lucky Fil.     Maybe he's one of these players that carries a bagful of good luck around with him.    He makes mistakes, the defence then also makes mistakes...…..but goals not being conceded and games being won.      For him maybe its got less to do with whatever talent for defending he has and more to do with him being just plain lucky.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, simplythebestest said:

Critiquing a footballer on that surface is like critiquing Usain Bolt on ice. I'll see how he does on a fucking football pitch.

It was the amount of headers he was losing out on that was worrying and that’s fuck all to do with the Astro.

His performance was the exact opposite of his outstanding, confident performance versus Feyenoord. He got the plaudits then, he fully deserves criticism for tonight. As much as the pitch contributed, there was do much more to his fucking honking performance that cant be excused by blaming the surface.

30 minutes ago, shenders said:

anyone got a vid of the dressing down Stevie gave him before even reaching the tunnel? I missed it 

Wasn't so much a dressing down. More of a..."this is why you never won a header as you are always too tight to the forward" tutorial. Embarassing right enough.

Didn't look confident at all, every time he went for it looked like he was caught between a head or a kick and ended up with some desperate attempt to hit it - normally backwards, sidewards, downwards or out for a corner. He done the same v St Johnstone to put MOH through, but it was a lot more common tonight. Deserves to be dropped and will be interesting to see if Katic comes in, as if not, perhaps there is an underlying reason for Katic being dropped after starting the season so well.

10 minutes ago, IpswichGer said:

Wasn't so much a dressing down. More of a..."this is why you never won a header as you are always too tight to the forward" tutorial. Embarassing right enough.

I took it more like he was talking about misjudging the ball coming out of the air. ( the header  going for the corner until Tav saved it maybe)

I genuinely wonder if Gerrard is the sort of manager who will drop an expensive player who isn’t playing well, or try and give him lots of games to turn it around (and not admit a signing mistake)

I was slightly more positive about Helander after Feyenoord, given all the chat, but the last couple of matches have me worried again. Better players have taken longer to get to grips with Scottish football though so maybe he does need time

5 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I genuinely wonder if Gerrard is the sort of manager who will drop an expensive player who isn’t playing well, or try and give him lots of games to turn it around (and not admit a signing mistake)

I was slightly more positive about Helander after Feyenoord, given all the chat, but the last couple of matches have me worried again. Better players have taken longer to get to grips with Scottish football though so maybe he does need time

Spot on, that's my fear. I don't think he should have started against Feyernoord, but credit to him he put in a big performance so can't really complain. But the other games he has looked so far from the player we need. 

The games he has started (bar East Fife) he feels like a risk we do not need to take, especially when he is replacing a player that has been inform. We need to win something this year, the scum cannot be allowed to saunter to another treble. 

Archived