****The Official Rangers v Aberdeen Match Thread****

Davy Vandenbroucke

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How difficult is it to write down the team sheet and to post accurate information on the Rangers website.   On the website it says Helander is on the bench..."From the team that started against Livingston in midweek, Joe Aribo is out as he recovers from a head knock and Filip Helander and Glen Kamara drop to the bench today."    But Helander is not named as a sub on the team sheet (but Kamara is named).    

The upshot is - I think - Helander is dropped and not even on the bench.  

Then again maybe he is on the bench and the team sheet is wrong.  Who cares about accuracy in reporting at Rangers anyway?   Sloppy once again.  

It'll be interesting to see what contribution Stewart makes to the team.    IMO he's got a lot to prove and its a big game.     Is he really good enough to step in and make decisive contributions to Rangers winning the game?    I don't know but if he can't in games like this then its hard to see how many other chances he'll get.    Its games like this where players need to prove to themselves, to the manager and to the support - and to the opposition - that they really are Rangers calibre players.      Its up to him.   We'll see come full time how effective he has been.    I'm not currently convinced is inclusion in the team for this game actually strengthens the team but I hope I'm wrong and we get a good win.    

The pressures on us today need to press them high up the park like we did against Feyenoord. No lazy 5 yard sideways passes all game with zero movement or creativity.

Can’t say I’m excited about Stewart starting the guy couldn’t get a game for our opposition today and doesn’t seem to have much pace or skill so we may struggle to create anything but I hope I’m wrong, at least we’ve got Morelos to cause havoc on his own if need be.

Archived