Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GOAT

Kenny burns

Recommended Posts

Watching a thing on BT sport in this hotel bar just now about the great forest team under clough.  They signed a defender kenny burns who played for us as a youth who won two European cups kenny burns.  How did we let a double European cup winner slip away and was he one of us aswell?

blueballss likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, doc holliday said:

I played against him as a youngster...Gowanbank v Burnbrae.

That disnae answer my question? 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Kenny Burns was from Priesthill. We released him as he got sent off a few times in a row while playing amateur football.

Archie Gemmell is a Bear and grew up in Feegie.

John Robertson who played left wing for Forest in their two finals was also a Bear growing up but he went on to be MON’s assistant at Parkhead.

If you think about Liverpool of the time winning European Cups who had Bears playing for them too - Hansen, Dalglish and Wark - it’s mental the talent that slipped through the net.

Still annoys me we’ve never won a European cup and you can’t deny the talent we’ve had for it though.  Sadly never going to happen now unlesss we get into the premiership 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Still annoys me we’ve never won a European cup and you can’t deny the talent we’ve had for it though.  Sadly never going to happen now unlesss we get into the premiership 

I think Steve Archibald was a Bear too. Played for Barcelona in the 86 final.

Gordon McQueen was a Bear growing up as well. Would have played for Leeds in the 75 final but was suspended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

I think Steve Archibald was a Bear too. Played for Barcelona in the 86 final.

Gordon McQueen was a Bear growing up as well. Would have played for Leeds in the 75 final but was suspended.

He was mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GOAT said:

Watching a thing on BT sport in this hotel bar just now about the great forest team under clough.  They signed a defender kenny burns who played for us as a youth who won two European cups kenny burns.  How did we let a double European cup winner slip away and was he one of us aswell?

Wit hotel u in goat mate? Get the patsys out lol

GOAT likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Theres a video of the mad bastard heading the back of an arsenal players head because the guy stands in front of him at a free kick 

What made it for me is that the defensive wall had their arms round the player each side of them. So when the ref turned around he couldn't figure out what had happened and had to just let it go.

ger4life_1872 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GOAT said:

Watching a thing on BT sport in this hotel bar just now about the great forest team under clough.  They signed a defender kenny burns who played for us as a youth who won two European cups kenny burns.  How did we let a double European cup winner slip away and was he one of us aswell?

He wasn't a double European cup winner when we let him go is the obvious answer. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Kenny Burns was from Priesthill. We released him as he got sent off a few times in a row while playing amateur football.

Archie Gemmill is a Bear and grew up in Feegie.

John Robertson who played left wing for Forest in their two finals was also a Bear growing up but he went on to be MON’s assistant at Parkhead.

If you think about Liverpool of the time winning European Cups who had Bears playing for them too - Hansen, Dalglish and Wark - it’s mental the talent that slipped through the net.

Never knew John Robertson was a bear ,pleased about that ,what a player .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

read that clough was a great one for bring players into line, story goes the team bus was pulling into a stop on a motorway he shouted kenny b from the back of the bus ,keneth go inti to the shop and get me a curly whirley please ,burns didnt fancy it but he had to go ,loud applause when he came back.

tannerall likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, hawkeye said:

Never knew John Robertson was a bear ,pleased about that ,what a player .

He gave an interview a few years back where he says he grew up supporting us so he was a bit apprehensive about going to them to be Assistant.

hawkeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/09/2019 at 23:34, doc holliday said:

I played against him as a youngster...Gowanbank v Burnbrae.

Gowanbank,that was my old primary..........fucks sake 50 years ago time flies eh.

Coplandbear11 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He gave an interview a few years back where he says he grew up supporting us so he was a bit apprehensive about going to them to be Assistant.

He smokes like a chimney but still holds on to a rather dishy lady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/09/2019 at 23:54, McEwan's Lager said:

I think Steve Archibald was a Bear too. Played for Barcelona in the 86 final.

Gordon McQueen was a Bear growing up as well. Would have played for Leeds in the 75 final but was suspended.

McQueen was actually signed at one point but allowed to drift away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...