Union Bears tweet on pyrotechnics

Bad Robot

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Tin hat time. Using Pyro at is now part of this modern sub-culture of being a football fan, and not a very good one if I'm being honest. A few flares being waved around with folk making stupid wailing noises. Marching en-mass through the streets on away day trips, so your team can get onto 'Football Away Days' facebook page. Setting up wee 'ultras' fan groups. What a load of shite! (and I'm talking about football supporters in general, not just our support).

I miss the days of our support just turning up in their thousands and blasting out the good old  hymn book. 

Well said, let's not forget the all year round shorts with puffer jacket mob aswell.

8 minutes ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

Well last night alone police are looking for information after kid and woman got injured. 

I'm sure at one stage we could have argued some songs we sing aren't getting us in trouble so what's the harm but it's just a matter of time before any excuse to punish is will be pursued. 

In Europe there's a possibility, but I don't see the club being punished for it domestically.

26 minutes ago, OceanRain said:

So absolutely fuck all but moan on here then?

Batter in, sir!

If I’m at a stadium and some arseholes lights a flare, don’t worry Sir I’ll call them out regardless who the fk they are.

Some prick in Sheffield let one off in the bus as we got off and an old local was in some state due to it plus I ruined a brand new pair of trainers kicking it out but never mind eh and you go ahead and play with your sparklers, my fkn hero 

1 hour ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

To anyone who supports this shite, I sincerely hope that neither you, nor any of your loved ones ever suffers a severe asthma attack.

It's not very pretty at all.

tried explaining an asthma attack to someone recently --- hard to get across unless you have 1st hand experience 

2 hours ago, tannerall said:

Seems to be  lot more bangers and rockets in our fan base than there used to be. 

Here's a picture of an eardrum. It's one (or more correctly 2) of the most useful things you own, would be a shame if someone lost their hearing because of daft fireworks. 

Anyone know how thick your eardrum is ? You'll be surprised.

800px-Ear-anatomy-text-small-en.svg.png

Paper thin, and never really heals. The microscopic hairs in the cochlea that can't be regrown is the other danger.

2 hours ago, tannerall said:

Seems to be  lot more bangers and rockets in our fan base than there used to be. 

Here's a picture of an eardrum. It's one (or more correctly 2) of the most useful things you own, would be a shame if someone lost their hearing because of daft fireworks. 

Anyone know how thick your eardrum is ? You'll be surprised.

800px-Ear-anatomy-text-small-en.svg.png

Just stick a contact lense in your ear as a replacement 

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

That’s the only ‘unsafe’ bit that was used really.

That’s a lie.

Atmosphere picked up in the second half when they were on the go.

Also legia’s pyro show woke up the whole of Ibrox at that point of the game aswell. 

35 minutes ago, Spliffy said:

Paper thin, and never really heals. The microscopic hairs in the cochlea that can't be regrown is the other danger.

Paper thin is quite a good analogy. 

The answer is the thickness of an eardrum is:     0.1 mm

Wee afterthought, should the UBs (who are great wee guys imo)  maybe best concentrate on singing?They are very good at it. Takes a big effort to get  the whole of Ibrox singing in unison. 

Any cunt can set off a pyro though. Genuinely feel that the UB should stick to what they are excellent at rather than challenge the law and Club rules, a war that they will lose.

17 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Also legia’s pyro show woke up the whole of Ibrox at that point of the game aswell. 

That gets way to much credit

Personally I think it was the sight of all the fit looking guys showing off their bodies

Got all the bears a bit aroused and decided " we are not having this shite "

The sight of all the bears around me standing in silent shock will haunt me forever :p:

Archived