Three things I took from today..

mrmojorisin

2 hours ago, TartanTeddy said:

They're a different team without Shinnie - by all accounts they were also rotten against Livingston but stole the points - can see them sliding down the table. 

Yep, Aberdeen seem to have seasons like this over the years when they sink right down. I am confident that they will be in bottom six this season - McInnes has gone stale with them, watch the fans turn on him.

Enjoying this result, thinking back to 2004 at Ibrox when we last trounced them 5-0. A good evening then, and a better one today.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Definitely a rivalry.

“rivalry

/ˈrʌɪv(ə)lri/

noun

competition for the same objective or for superiority in the same field.”

In the 80s under the finest manager ever to grace the game they managed some success and became relevant to us.  They competed for the same objective.

Again in the early 90s they put up a decent fight of it as the last vestiges of Fergies squad hung around, but as they retired and Aberdeen returned to their pre fergie days they lost all credibility

While we were hamstrung and illegally cast down the leagues, McInnes managed to turn them into the second best team in Scotland again, which is why he has been so revered. Second best is their champions league.

Apart from those three periods we are not on the same sporting level as Aberdeen. They are a provincial club who, because of a short period in the 80s where they got a sense of what it must feel like to be Rangers all the time, grew a hatred for us. 

Now they try to hang on to that 40 year old rivalry by acting like the dregs of humanity. Their goal in football is to beat us. Their sporting objective is to be above Rangers and to hell with trophies. I can’t really bring myself to consider that a rivalry.  It’s  pathetic and mildly irritating. 

I feel a little sad for them.

9 hours ago, Skelf said:

Ill say it again

Ryan Jack is the best player we have. Hes now my favourite player. The effect Gerrard has had on him is brilliant.  

Ive always liked him and stuck up for him. Now i feel like there is no need to stick up for him 

Spot on.

Not been a big Ryan Jack fan...until this season.

Our most improved player so far this season in my opinion. The step up in him has been staggering. Discipline seems to be there now and he covers every blade of grass and always wants to get on the ball. His fitness and desire cannot be questioned right now.

One name that’s a definite starter on the team sheet based on current form.

7 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

They aren’t irrelevant to us. Never understand why some of our fans pretend there isn’t a rivalry when there is.

The scramble for tickets to pittodrie is testament to that.

There's a scramble for tickets at every away game we play ffs

8 hours ago, mrmojorisin said:

Only in their empty heads is there any sort of rivalvy... They have been an irrelevance for 30 0dd years 

I remember when Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Hearts used to be big games. Particular time Aberdeen and Utd had decent sides in late 80s and 90s. Agree Aberdeen are not football rivals now really but in honesty I think most of it comes from their fans and the Ian Durrant tackle.....there is bitterness and hatred over that. 

10 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

They aren’t irrelevant to us. Never understand why some of our fans pretend there isn’t a rivalry when there is.

The scramble for tickets to pittodrie is testament to that.

There was a scramble for tickets for the 800 at Dumbarton and east fife when we played them, that make them our rivals too?

12 hours ago, Skelf said:

Ill say it again

Ryan Jack is the best player we have. Hes now my favourite player. The effect Gerrard has had on him is brilliant.  

Ive always liked him and stuck up for him. Now i feel like there is no need to stick up for him 

He's gonna be an outstanding captain for us

12 hours ago, Skelf said:

Ill say it again

I don't make a habit of reading other fans forums but when we signed Jack I went onto a Sheep forum. Months leading up to him signing for us he was a fantastic player, key to their "success" and they needed to hold on to him. Within 24 hours of signing for us he was shite, of no importance to them, overrated and they would become a better team without him.  This was the same posters posting both views. Absolutely hilarious. 

13 hours ago, Skelf said:

Ill say it again

i agree he has been the best midfielder in the country this season  him and davis work great together

40 minutes ago, Brubear said:

I don't make a habit of reading other fans forums but when we signed Jack I went onto a Sheep forum. Months leading up to him signing for us he was a fantastic player, key to their "success" and they needed to hold on to him. Within 24 hours of signing for us he was shite, of no importance to them, overrated and they would become a better team without him.  This was the same posters posting both views. Absolutely hilarious. 

i remember listening to radio scotland and willie miller who hates Rangers said jack at 16 was the best young player he had seen

31 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

You know exactly what I mean about the tickets.

We have a rivalry with Aberdeen 

Yes there is a rivalry, however I think it is more important to them than us. They want to keep it going. I suspect this is as they do not have a natural rival as there are no other SPL clubs close to them. They needed to "create" a rivalry and no surprise the chose the most successful club to be that rival. 

4 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Yes there is a rivalry, however I think it is more important to them than us. They want to keep it going. I suspect this is as they do not have a natural rival as there are no other SPL clubs close to them. They needed to "create" a rivalry and no surprise the chose the most successful club to be that rival. 

Spot on

42 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

You know exactly what I mean about the tickets.

We have a rivalry with Aberdeen 

The scramble started when they cut our allocation, used to be piss easy when we got 4000 there.  There is a rivalry on their side, personally and from the point of view of a lot of bears I know I couldn’t care less about them and think they’re an irrelevance.

1 hour ago, Brubear said:

In our case the rivalry is based on a hatred of their scum fans, absolutely nothing to do with anything their football team has ever done.

Archived