Tav

evenstevens

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course players can always be replaced but I agree he's massive to what we want to achieve this season. Stats will probably tell a different story but I don't really feel he's started this season firing all cylinders though. Not complaining because it's him who has set the bar high and I expect he'll come good. - as he does each season. 

Id love it if he stayed for his full career. Further to that I feel he deserves a cap at some point in his career. Not a first start for England but it's a shame he doesn't get the recognition at international level his past performances deserve. Surely the guy should be involved in the squad from time to time?

7 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Of course players can always be replaced but I agree he's massive to what we want to achieve this season. Stats will probably tell a different story but I don't really feel he's started this season firing all cylinders though. Not complaining because it's him who has set the bar high and I expect he'll come good. - as he does each season. 

Id love it if he stayed for his full career. Further to that I feel he deserves a cap at some point in his career. Not a first start for England but it's a shame he doesn't get the recognition at international level his past performances deserve. Surely the guy should be involved in the squad from time to time?

Tavernier a cap for England :lol: I think Tav is quality and irreplaceable for Rangers, but a call up got England is la la land stupid 

2 minutes ago, WGOH said:

Tavernier a cap for England :lol: I think Tav is quality and irreplaceable for Rangers, but a call up got England is la la land stupid 

Barisic gets a game for Croatia. Let's just say our players are shite though and not good enough for international recognition. Sad times. 

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

Barisic gets a game for Croatia. Let's just say our players are shite though and not good enough for international recognition. Sad times. 

:lol: that’s it, even though I said Tav was quality and irreplaceable in this Rangers team. That’s it, Tavernier is useless cause he canny gets call up for England. Please listen yourself :lol: 

3 minutes ago, WGOH said:

:lol: that’s it, even though I said Tav was quality and irreplaceable in this Rangers team. That’s it, Tavernier is useless cause he canny gets call up for England. Please listen yourself :lol: 

So to clarify, are you saying that hoping that a player you describe in our team as "quality and irreplaceable" gets international recognition is, again in your words, "la la land stupid"? Try listening to yourself mate. Shocking that some of our support have fallen so low to describe wanting our captain and one of our key players to get a cap as "la la land stupid". Fuck sake mate. 

52 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Croatia are picking from a small crop of players....tav is good for the spl....but England...never

For me Alfredo at his age can go on and shine and become a top quality European goal scorer and perform at international level.

IMO Tav can't, I don't see him having the potential to break into a top 6 EPL side like Alf can.

So he has a massive opportunity to become an absolute legend at a giant footballing institution like Rangers, we can offer him things I don't think he could realistically get at any other club.

Likely remain club captain for the remainder of his playing days here, Go on to challenge appearance records for such a history laden club, European football, be part of real history in what we will achieve in the coming years.

In no way putting down his ability, but for me I don't see his career progressing onto a bigger club than us, no doubt he could do a job in the EPL with an average side, but as i mentioned above, I don't think his career would be a step up on what he can achieve here.

It's a funny one. Despite people saying he's a shadow of the player he was last season, he is still out top assister so far this season... From right back. He would be an extremely difficult player to replace, there's just not many fullbacks that play like he does within out budget.

Realistically, I can't see us getting an offer worth accepting. 

7 minutes ago, Goianegra said:

It's a funny one. Despite people saying he's a shadow of the player he was last season, he is still out top assister so far this season... From right back. He would be an extremely difficult player to replace, there's just not many fullbacks that play like he does within out budget.

Realistically, I can't see us getting an offer worth accepting. 

This. Tav last season had his best season for us imo. He improved a lot defensively and was heavily involved with goals/assists.

This year he looks like he's dropped a bit in terms of levels. That being said he's still doing ok defensively, it's not like a few years ago where he was a complete liability and there was some desire for lee hodson to replace him 😅

He's also not quite the same going forward. Not sure if it's candeias leaving, but he doesn't seem to be as confident going by his man. Still contributing though with goals and assists.

Realistically even if we got a high figure for Tav like say 10m, we wouldn't spend that much on a replacement and whatever we did spend, I doubt they'd be able to do what Tav does for us.

We need to keep our best players this season

Archived