Tav

evenstevens

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Tav has been pish at worst and bang average at best for most of this season so far.

Good game against Aberdeen and we've got a thread claiming he's a £15m+ player. Love this forum :lol:

You just don’t like him because he’s black/toffee-coloured

Racist imo

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, WGOH said:

Tavernier a cap for England :lol: I think Tav is quality and irreplaceable for Rangers, but a call up got England is la la land stupid 

It’s la la stupid to not want the best for our players including the recognition a cap does  for them both in monetary terms and self esteem 

he’s good enough ya fool 

46 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

It’s la la stupid to not want the best for our players including the recognition a cap does  for them both in monetary terms and self esteem 

he’s good enough ya fool 

He’s nowhere near that level. 

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

He’s better than Kyle Walker and he’d be pushing Kieran Trippier for RB imo 

No he's not. Then there's Alexander Arnold and Wan Bissaka. He's got no chance of getting near the England squad.

I just can't wait until he actually starts playing well. He must be pushing double figures between goals and assists, so it's going to be mega when he's not poor anymore.

7 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Croatia are picking from a small crop of players....tav is good for the spl....but England...never

That's actually a reasonable point but I still think Tav is good enough for international recognition. Tav has been good in Europe as well so it isn't just games in Scotland that he can be judged. Having said that I dare say that if we were to get in to the Champions League next season an Tav was performing well on that stage it would increase his chances of an international cap but also at that point we would lose him as a Rangers player. 

7 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He's absolutely not good enough to play for England.

Wouldn’t be totally impossible for him to get into an experimental friendly squad (à la Alan Thompson), I reckon he’s probably the 5th best English right back at the moment (behind Alexander-Arnold, Walker, Wan-Bissaka and Trippier, maybe 6th if you count Joe Gomez as a RB but I don’t).

1 minute ago, five stars said:

What are his huge flaws?

He still has problems defending, (although he has improved) his positional awareness is suspect to say the least at times and his final ball is very inconsistent. 

Now Im sure you’re going to disagree on all that and I can’t be arsed in another pointless Tav debate so have a nice day. 

10 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Wouldn’t be totally impossible for him to get into an experimental friendly squad (à la Alan Thompson), I reckon he’s probably the 5th best English right back at the moment (behind Alexander-Arnold, Walker, Wan-Bissaka and Trippier, maybe 6th if you count Joe Gomez as a RB but I don’t).

If the others were unavailable then Gomez, and probably a few others, would be considered as a RB before Tav even came into consideration.

Alan Thomson's cap for England was farcical and iirc was nothing more than a token gesture from England because it came about at a time when there was talk of the likes of him, Amoruso, Didier Agathe etc being considered eligible to play for Scotland if they weren't getting a look in for their own national teams.

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

If the others were unavailable then Gomez, and probably a few others, would be considered as a RB before Tav even came into consideration.

Alan Thomson's cap for England was farcical and iirc was nothing more than a token gesture from England because it came about at a time when there was talk of the likes of him, Amoruso, Didier Agathe etc being considered eligible to play for Scotland if they weren't getting a look in for their own national teams.

That’s what I meant by an experimental squad tbf, possibly one where it’s a meaningless game and Southgate doesn’t want to call up too many PL players.

I know you don’t particularly rate Tavernier, and I do understand where you’re coming from (he’s frustrating as fuck at times), but I honesty think he’d be good enough for a Leicester or Bournemouth.

11 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Barisic gets a game for Croatia. Let's just say our players are shite though and not good enough for international recognition. Sad times. 

Ahead of who? :lol: England have Walker, Alexander Arnold, Trippier & Wan Bissaka competing for the right back position as it is and they all play for elite level clubs.

2 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

That’s what I meant by an experimental squad tbf, possibly one where it’s a meaningless game and Southgate doesn’t want to call up too many PL players.

I know you don’t particularly rate Tavernier, and I do understand where you’re coming from (he’s frustrating as fuck at times), but I honesty think he’d be good enough for a Leicester or Bournemouth.

It's not that I don't rate him. On his game it's easy to see what he brings to our team and it would obviously be extremely difficult to replace that if he was to leave but he can also be horribly inconsistent which gets overlooked at times on here.

He probably could go and do a job for a mid to lower table Premier League side but the claims that he's better than the likes of Trippier and Walker and that he should be getting capped for England are just lunacy.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

So does Savic as he's weak. 

Darren Fletcher played regularly for Man United. Gravesen played for Real Madrid. Otamendi for Man City.

Just because a player starts for a top side doesn't mean the are a great player. 

Don't care if I get slagged but Walker and Trippier wouldn't offer anything better for us than Tav. Neither defend well at all and Walkers producitivy in a City side is a shambles.

Are you saying Tav does?

Archived