Tav

evenstevens

15 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He still has problems defending, (although he has improved) his positional awareness is suspect to say the least at times and his final ball is very inconsistent. 

Now Im sure you’re going to disagree on all that and I can’t be arsed in another pointless Tav debate so have a nice day. 

Tav's good defensively,  under Warburton he was caught out of position regularly but he's definitely improved his positional awareness and all aspects of his defensive game. But if you want your full-backs playing high up the park you need others in the team covering at times.

Tav's excellent on the offense. Not many defenders can whip in Beckhamesque crosses like he can. He can also take a man on. His level of assists for a full-back is outstanding, can you name an player in world football with a better record from right-back?

Anyway, have a nice day!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

It's not that I don't rate him. On his game it's easy to see what he brings to our team and it would obviously be extremely difficult to replace that if he was to leave but he can also be horribly inconsistent which gets overlooked at times on here.

He probably could go and do a job for a mid to lower table Premier League side but the claims that he's better than the likes of Trippier and Walker and that he should be getting capped for England are just lunacy.

It’s crazy to think he should be capped, but I suppose you could never say never, particularly if injuries happen and form changes.

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Did my post remotely say he does?

That's the whole point - all three are not good defensively so if both of them can play at the top level with little defensive ability then Tav with just as good if not a superior attacking game could play at that level.

TAA is another all about attacking play and he is superior to all 3. 

Pukki looked like an amateur here and is now being linked to top clubs..

That old argument works both ways. There's been plenty of players who looked great up here and went down south and been shite.

Also if you're comparing Tav's attacking ability with those other players you need to at least consider the quality of opposition they're playing against too.

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Doesn't stop the scum getting 25m for an injury prone full back...

I don’t/didn’t watch any celtic games we don’t play in but I’d imagine biscuit hips was more consistent than our captain.

If a bid north of 10million ever comes in for Tav you can paint me surprised.

30 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

International experience ahahahahaha have a word with yourself ffs. As if getting pumped every game for Scotland gets you a reputation!

CL where he has regularly struggled and been involved in some hefty pumpings?

Are you seriously suggesting playing for Scotland and the odd decent CL appearance merits the difference of £15m+?

He's playing against a higher calibre of players in those games. If you think Arsenal have paid that sort of money for him after watching his performances against the likes of Motherwell and St Johnstone week in week out then you're kidding yourself.

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

International experience ahahahahaha have a word with yourself ffs. As if getting pumped every game for Scotland gets you a reputation!

CL where he has regularly struggled and been involved in some hefty pumpings?

Are you seriously suggesting playing for Scotland and the odd decent CL appearance merits the difference of £15m+?

It does though, look at mckenna for the sheep

If tav gave you the same 10/10 performance he’s capable of at times he’d be playing in the epl and would be in with a shout of getting a regular game for England, it could still happen but at 28, although  there’s  plenty of his career left, he’d need to move to the epl and consistently do it down there for atleast a season to get a sniff

Imo, As it stands he’d need to leave at the end of the season and have his best career season down south just to get a look in by the time he’s 30, I don’t think tav really harbours ambitions to play for England the way Morelos does for Columbia if he does I’ve yet to hear it

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

So what you saying is Stephen O'Donnell is worth £5m+ due to his international caps? Behave!

No cause odonnell hasnt yet featured enough at the top level club wise for scottish football, mckenna starred for Aberdeen when they were finishing 2nd place in the league

Plus age comes into it, Tierney is 22, odonnell is 27 iirc, at 22 odonnell was fannying about for luton Town while tierney is gaining caps and euro experience at the same age

Archived