Sign in to follow this  
bigsasasfloopyhair

***** The Official Young Boys v Rangers Match Thread *****

Not under rating the opposition, but I want a win too, we're playing at our peak and are confident, and hopefully the defence ha settled, in fact we have conceded few goals so far, and of course we have McGregor. 

And we also have a midfiel in form to stifle them, Morelos and Defoe on top form, and goals being spread around others  too. 

A 0-0 draw would definately be a disappointment. 

James Rolle likes this

Believe we've won 3 out of 11 away games in Europe under Gerrard? 

Obviously some of those we played just to advance but lost 2/3 away group games last year. A draw would be a fantastic result. 

Young Boys not on great form lately as well.

glasgow argyle likes this

McGregor 

Tav Katic Edmundson Barasic 

Davis Jack Kamara 

Arfield   Morelos  Ojo 

3 points please. 

2 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

3/1 is a fucking great wee earner even tho a know we're dug meat on the plastic pitch, we're flying the noo tae 

Fuck sake I didn't realise they played on an artificial pitch. Shouldn't be allowed in European competition. That's changed my outlook on this game, would jump at a draw now.

34 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

3/1 is a fucking great wee earner even tho a know we're dug meat on the plastic pitch, we're flying the noo tae 

think we will sit in and frustrate them, hit them on counter, we have the tools to do that.

6 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

think we will sit in and frustrate them, hit them on counter, we have the tools to do that.

If I was Gerrard I wouldn't try be cute like that, treat it the same as every other game and go out and play our game. Let them know they're in a game from the first minute. 

I'd hate to watch us try sit in hoping to catch them on the break, too nervy. 

Sure I heard they have 6 big injury doubts too 

Billy1984 likes this

Artificial pitch levels it, on current form I would have been confident (reasonably) of a positive result. The drastic plastic leaves me hoping for, rather than expecting the best.

As a side note, it will be interesting to see how many Bears will circumvent the self imposed ban on away fans, if the Swiss have any sense they should have a wee section of the ground ready to house any Bears discovered around the stadium.

3 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I think we should be going there to win this.

If we want any chance of progressing,  we should definitely be looking for the 3 points. Any away game in Europe is tough, but we've played our best football under Gerrard in this competition so we should be looking for the win.

Same lineup as yesterday. A point would be a great result regardless of their missing players. Hoping that the idea of trying to be cute or chopping and changing the lineup are well gone.

Bad Robot likes this