***** The Official Young Boys v Rangers Match Thread *****

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Whether Katic is our best CB or not, I think we can all agree he's our best CB in the air and I've seen a lot of comments this week about Young Boys playing very direct and crossing a lot and going long to the striker so on that basis alone I would have started Katic. But it is what it is, Helander played very well against Feyenoord so we'll see what happens.

Kamara hasn't been great but thought he was better in his last match and with Aribo out it was always going to be him instead of King. Could have put Arfield in there but don't know if Barker is the best bet for going out wide on this occassion. Kamara was apparently brilliant for Finland and was better than before in his last game so hopefully he steps up tonight. 

I would've had Katic in before Helander, in their last game against Sion their tall striker had a lot of success with crosses and set pieces, hope Gerrard has called this one right.

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

As for the team, i can't believe we are going with this arfield wide nonsense again, can guarantee that whatever side he plays on, the fullback on that side for us will struggle 

It doesn't work for me and feel he's best inside 

33 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Not bothered by Helander playing as he looked good in the last European game

Kamara has been awful all season so far though 

15 minutes ago, Tak3rNo1 said:

Only concern is Kamara due to him being rotten so far this season

Mostly he has been poor but thought he got pass marks in the last Europa game against Feyenoord. 

Katic must be pissed, 2 years in a row he’s been a big reason for us reaching the EL and can barely get a look in for the actual competition proper 

Hopefully Feyenoord Helander turns up and not the one we’ve seen since 

15 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

They've not lost there in a year😔

we haven't won our last 17 away euro games😔

a draw would be like a win😀

We're not celtic - we don't have the media treat our European draws and loses as heroic victories 😉

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Why are they watering an artificial surface 

Makes a huge difference mate. I play every week on an artificial surface and when the surface is dry the ball tends to stick to it.

Edit - Watering it should make for a better game. 

Archived