***** The Official Young Boys v Rangers Match Thread *****

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every European group game we’ve played our opponents mysteriously have about 18 first team players injured every time according to our media, yet when the tarriers opponents have a write up they’re playing against the next Mbappe and multi-million players. 

They were called out on it last year against Villarreal and before the Ufa game as well. They’re scum. 

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Every European group game we’ve played our opponents mysteriously have about 18 first team players injured every time according to our media, yet when the tarriers opponents have a write up they’re playing against the next Mbappe and multi-million players. 

They were called out on it last year against Villarreal and before the Ufa game as well. They’re scum. 

Was just about to make a similar point, they have been doing it for years now.  Remember years back prior to Valencia with Mendieta etc the reports were all about how much of a crisis they were in - a strangely consistent narrative for whomever we play in Europe.

As has been pointed out above, they are performing well in the league and are a tough opponent

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Paranoid much?

Its a fact all those players have been injured, direct quotes from the YB manager 🤣

No not paranoid, it’s a fact that at least twice last season the media in this country ran with that line when it wasn’t true at all. Sure it was the Spartak game at home where we had too win. 

They literally scored 11 goals in one game like 2 weeks ago, so as usual the weakened narrative will be the go to line this week, especially if we get a good result. 

They seem to concede in most of their home games so far this season.  Last 10 games across all competitions they've drawn 5 and lost 1. I think we'll be able to get something out of this if we turn up and play like we know we can.

Tough (obviously) but every chance we could get a win over there.

I think we’ll set up with our usual 4-3-3, we’ll attack them, and try to win.  A win is a significant step towards qualifying for the knockout rounds.  Imagine 6 points after 2 games?  What a statement that would be.

This Rangers squad has plenty of European experience now.  We’ve went to some hostile places, played some very good teams, and performed consistently well.  I don’t expect Young Boys to run over the top of us at all.  I’m really confident of getting a result.

Nobody mentioned yet that these cunts play at the Wankdorf stadium? The Young Boys who play at the Wankdorf Stadium. Was this club created by Jimmy Saville or celtic FC?

I'm looking forward to this, should be a good game. If we can replicate the performance against Feyenoord but be a bit more clinical this time we could batter them.

2 hours ago, Copeland1983 said:

Was just about to make a similar point, they have been doing it for years now.  Remember years back prior to Valencia with Mendieta etc the reports were all about how much of a crisis they were in - a strangely consistent narrative for whomever we play in Europe.

As has been pointed out above, they are performing well in the league and are a tough opponent

They were calling Valencia the Aberdeen of Spain.

12 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Apparently hundreds of fans are going and secured tickets all over the stadium. 

That may well be the case but they won't be as many as usual. They won't be as vocal either as they won't want to be thrown out,  and as you say they will be spread all over the stadium.

Think I'd play the same team as Aberdeen but Helander instead of Katic, purely for this "tactical" reason Gerrard said around the Feyeenord game.

Barker should come on too, they wouldn't have seen much of him in scouting so would probably terrify their defence 

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I'm not sure how our players will react to an away game without any of our support there. Having to play on a plastic pitch won't help us either. We are on form just now though, so I predict a 1-0 win for us.

Artificial pitches abroad are nowhere near as bad compared to Scotland 

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

That may well be the case but they won't be as many as usual. They won't be as vocal either as they won't want to be thrown out,  and as you say they will be spread all over the stadium.

Bears will be in 2 sections reserved for mixed supporters. There was nothing stopping us buying tickets directly from YB so hopefully a decent number will be there, including myself :UK:

2 minutes ago, One Jock Wallace said:

Bears will be in 2 sections reserved for mixed supporters. There was nothing stopping us buying tickets directly from YB so hopefully a decent number will be there, including myself :UK:

Cool. I didn't know that. How many do the sections hold?

Archived