***** The Official Young Boys v Rangers Match Thread *****

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say that yb and us are on a very similar level. There better than feyenoord imo and it will be whoever's better on the day who edges it.

Draw is a good result imo. 

Better chance of an away win in Holland. 

If we play like we did on Saturday we will have a very good chance of winning. 

30 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

YB are unbeaten at home in a year and they have a plastic pitch. Tough nut to crack.

Gerrard will not sit back but instead will have a go at them.

I will be over the moon if we get the 3 pts and content with a draw.

They're due one then. To be honest we probably have as much experience playing on artificial surfaces as they do at this point. Maybe not their exact brand of shite turf but it's all the same with the dodgy bounces and rubber pellets getting stuck up yer arse n that. 

Look at the state of their grass though. Looks like the loop side of a velcro strip.

1920px-Polytan_02.JPG

49 minutes ago, YearsofWar said:

They're due one then. To be honest we probably have as much experience playing on artificial surfaces as they do at this point. Maybe not their exact brand of shite turf but it's all the same with the dodgy bounces and rubber pellets getting stuck up yer arse n that. 

Look at the state of their grass though. Looks like the loop side of a velcro strip.

1920px-Polytan_02.JPG

that looks awful.

43 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

that looks awful.

To be fair mate, i just grabbed that from Wikipedia by going through the link it gives on the stadium wiki under surface type. Seems it just links to the company's wiki and not actually the surface itself and a different version of artificial surface is used in the stadium. Not trying to spread false information here, So after some quick research this seems to be a slightly newer version of the surface they have. Probably leagues ahead of the shit you find the SPL, you would hope. Regardless, the surface shouldn't be an issue.

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

That is fucking shocking. 

I would usually agree with you with these kind of songs goat mate as i am old fashioned and love nothing better than the old song book but after listening to that a couple of times it is a wee bit catchy. I actually like it.

From what I've seen of YB's, their fast on the counter pretty athletic team who are good at set pieces similar to Midtjylland. They've also a big striker who's good in the air, hopefully Katic will take care of him. The artificial surface doesn't look to bad a lot better than the Scottish ones.

Could be a high scoring game or could be a cagey game you just don't know with Rangers in Europe.

I'll go cagey an go 1-2   Alfie, Goldson 

Archived