Sign in to follow this  
Sasasfloppyhair

***** The Official Young Boys v Rangers Match Thread *****

49 minutes ago, YearsofWar said:

They're due one then. To be honest we probably have as much experience playing on artificial surfaces as they do at this point. Maybe not their exact brand of shite turf but it's all the same with the dodgy bounces and rubber pellets getting stuck up yer arse n that. 

Look at the state of their grass though. Looks like the loop side of a velcro strip.

1920px-Polytan_02.JPG

that looks awful.

43 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

that looks awful.

To be fair mate, i just grabbed that from Wikipedia by going through the link it gives on the stadium wiki under surface type. Seems it just links to the company's wiki and not actually the surface itself and a different version of artificial surface is used in the stadium. Not trying to spread false information here, So after some quick research this seems to be a slightly newer version of the surface they have. Probably leagues ahead of the shit you find the SPL, you would hope. Regardless, the surface shouldn't be an issue.

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

That is fucking shocking. 

I would usually agree with you with these kind of songs goat mate as i am old fashioned and love nothing better than the old song book but after listening to that a couple of times it is a wee bit catchy. I actually like it.

From what I've seen of YB's, their fast on the counter pretty athletic team who are good at set pieces similar to Midtjylland. They've also a big striker who's good in the air, hopefully Katic will take care of him. The artificial surface doesn't look to bad a lot better than the Scottish ones.

Could be a high scoring game or could be a cagey game you just don't know with Rangers in Europe.

I'll go cagey an go 1-2   Alfie, Goldson 

I have bets on with a couple of friends who support Young Boys and Porto. I got amazing odds on us getting any points out of the games with those two as they only know we have had a shitty time over recent years and have had to re-build. They went very quiet after I invited them round to watch the Feyenoord game.

I just can't call this one. We look so good in Europe this year but threw in a couple of howlers last season. Young Boys look like a really strong team but so did Midtjylland and we absolutely blootered them. Even against Feyenoord we had so much control.

I'm going for a 2-2

29 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Think we are going to struggle in this one. Even with players out they will have more quality than Kilmarnock and Livingston do and we’ve struggled on these surfaces in recent years. If you offered me a draw now I would bite your hand off for it.

same here mate.

DBBTB likes this

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Think we are going to struggle in this one. Even with players out they will have more quality than Kilmarnock and Livingston do and we’ve struggled on these surfaces in recent years. If you offered me a draw now I would bite your hand off for it.

I expect YBs to play a more expansive game than Killie or Livi. and therefore should be a different type of game.  That said I'd be happy with a point, anything better would be a bonus.