***** The Official Young Boys v Rangers Match Thread *****

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have bets on with a couple of friends who support Young Boys and Porto. I got amazing odds on us getting any points out of the games with those two as they only know we have had a shitty time over recent years and have had to re-build. They went very quiet after I invited them round to watch the Feyenoord game.

I just can't call this one. We look so good in Europe this year but threw in a couple of howlers last season. Young Boys look like a really strong team but so did Midtjylland and we absolutely blootered them. Even against Feyenoord we had so much control.

I'm going for a 2-2

29 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Think we are going to struggle in this one. Even with players out they will have more quality than Kilmarnock and Livingston do and we’ve struggled on these surfaces in recent years. If you offered me a draw now I would bite your hand off for it.

same here mate.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Think we are going to struggle in this one. Even with players out they will have more quality than Kilmarnock and Livingston do and we’ve struggled on these surfaces in recent years. If you offered me a draw now I would bite your hand off for it.

I expect YBs to play a more expansive game than Killie or Livi. and therefore should be a different type of game.  That said I'd be happy with a point, anything better would be a bonus. 

Hopefully they're the same as Feyenoord and can't live with our press.

Difficulty is the players will need to be self reliant to keep a high tempo with all the stadium being behind the Swiss.

A tough night for sure. Hopefully no injuries on that surface as well!

31 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

They really didn't look strong. The hype before and after the tie over a decent at best side still astounds me.

Good luck with the bets.

If midtjyland are decent at best then the overall standard of danish football must be poorer than Scotland as they are currently top of their league after 11 games. 

48 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

They really didn't look strong. The hype before and after the tie over a decent at best side still astounds me.

Good luck with the bets.

We were predicted to run over the top of Leiga but thought they were a much better outfit than Midtylland. 

I think tomorrow will be a very tricky tie for us, however we've seen countless teams unable to cope with our press and if we're brave tomorrow we can take the game to them. We might sneak a win, but I don't think we should be upset with a draw. 

1 hour ago, Leeds_Bear said:

We were predicted to run over the top of Leiga but thought they were a much better outfit than Midtylland. 

I think tomorrow will be a very tricky tie for us, however we've seen countless teams unable to cope with our press and if we're brave tomorrow we can take the game to them. We might sneak a win, but I don't think we should be upset with a draw. 

How were we predicted to run over the top of Legia?  At the start of this season Legia had a UEFA club coefficient ranking of #61.  They’ve done consistently well in Europe over the last 5 years.  We did very well to beat them.  Young Boys are only a few places higher than them at #56.

FC Midtjylland were a good side as well.  A big physical team with good players spread throughout.  I think they sold a guy for £7m after we played them.  

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

On here many were saying Legia were poor and Q4 was easier than Q3 prior to the tie.

Legia aren’t a poor side.  Anyone who thought we should be running over the top of them are mental.  

Archived