***** The Official Young Boys v Rangers Match Thread *****

13 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I don’t understand how people can say we were shite, we weren’t.  We had the chances. It was stupidity that undid us, not general bad play.

So would stupid be a better word than shite???

What about.......

inept

Rotten

Baws

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

Morelos was literally the only threat we had in our full 11, he was giving their defence serious problems, scored and should’ve had a pen 

Jack and Barisic aside he put the rest of his team mates to shame tonight in terms of looking like he really wanted it

I agree with you that he was our only threat. He was, however, not at his usual level. We were poor tonight. He was our best player, yes, but he was average tonight. But hey, I will take average every day in the week if he scores 🙂 

4 minutes ago, Rlm said:

2 homes wins that will  do it .but maybe  just 1 home win. And a draw at feyenoord. 

This right here is the attitude our management and sections of our support need to drop. The same attitude that’s seen us finish 3rd in umpteen groups just missing out 

Feyenoord were shit we should be looking at 3 points in Rotterdam, Young Boys were shit should be beating them at home, Porto beat 2-0 against Feyenoord who we’ve established were shit and scraped by Young Boys but we’ll give them respect like they’re Man City 

6 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

That is true. But he did not have a great game. He was our best player overall, as jack went off, but he was passing the ball off the park etc. He wasnt great, but was probaly proably our best player.

Complete and utter nonsense.

A guy playing up top on his own and bullied Centre halves.

the lack of quality behind him curtails the amount of quality that Morelos actually possesses.

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

So how's it his fault 

Morelos essentially had possession of the ball if he wanted it but he choose to go into a tussle instead. He made the wrong decision but I don’t know what you mean, what was his fault? It wasn’t a yellow and the only thing he’s guilty of is losing possession and getting a booking from an overzealous ref.

6 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Morelos was literally the only threat we had in our full 11, he was giving their defence serious problems, scored and should’ve had a pen 

Jack and Barisic aside he put the rest of his team mates to shame tonight in terms of looking like he really wanted it

He always wants it. His work rate and attitude is phenominal, but his ball control is poor and the number of misses are frightening. Could't score in barrel of fannies as they say.

Fucking gutted. We should've had something out of that! A stonewall absolute penalty denied and Tav making 2 indefensible goal-costing mistakes. Could easily be the difference between getting out the group and not, that tonight. Total sickener. 

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

the lack of quality behind him curtails the amount of quality that Morelos actually possesses.

Morelos has  got mer fitba in him than the rest of them put the gither, I'll give Greegs a pass on this wan !

11 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I dont think it is. He was by far out best player overall.. He was, however, misplacing passes all over the place. He had a very good chance which was a pass back.. He wasnt at his best... Listen - Im his biggest fucking fan.. I will watch the game back tomorrow, as Im off 😄 I will reply to this thread and let you know if I change my mind.. I often find that I change my mind as I watch the games back.. I am not aftraid to accept that I am wrong, by the way 😄 

A lot of people on here thought we were going to get beat. We should have won but people making out Tavs who had a very poor game has been shite all season are rewriting history to suit their agenda.

Ojo has the positional sense of a blind man on a rollercoaster and should lose his shirt as soon as Kent or any other left sided winger is fit again.

Only Jack and Morelos had a good game tonight imo. Everyone else ranged from mediocre to shockingly poor. 

Huge opportunity blown tonight. YB's were there for the taking but not enough of our players turned up. 

35 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Jack has been excellent but Morelos is a different league.

On today's performance thought Jack was best player on the park and his been often this season. 

Both are of similar value to us right now. 

But yes maybe morelos will do it at a higher level than us. 

Would be gutted if we lost either of them. 

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Tbf who else is there?

in away games in EuropeKent and Jones are the ones who, when on back foot, can offer us out balls.

Agree. The only onther player with similar qualities (pace) was Ojo. I can totally see the reason behind him, by the way. 

1 minute ago, JograBear said:

On today's performance thought Jack was best player on the park and his been often this season. 

Both are of similar value to us right now. 

But yes maybe morelos will do it at a higher level than us. 

Would be gutted if we lost either of them. 

Jack has been outstanding this season and biggest compliment i could give him is that i think teams might be sniffing about him in transfer window for serious money.

Archived