***** The Official Young Boys v Rangers Match Thread *****

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

Agree. The only onther player with similar qualities (pace) was Ojo. I can totally see the reason behind him, by the way. 

No point having pace if you don't have a clue what to do with the ball. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TMB said:

That was a hard won to take.  We should have gotten something from that game and be top of the group right now.  Hugely disappointing.

Ojo just doesn’t seem up to it.  The midfield three are too defensive.  We need a number 10 type to support the striker rather than have three sitting central midfielders.

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

Young boys look very much like our spartak Moscow this season, we only took a single point off a poor team and that ultimately cost us a qualifying spot...young boys look average at best also but they have managed to beat us by shocking defending same as spartak 🤬

Don't forget Rapid who were probably worse 

See to be honest 

If we are going to have these fuck ups .Id much rather have them in Europe 

League gets priority for me although we should be doing so much better 

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Don't forget Rapid who were probably worse 

See to be honest 

If we are going to have these fuck ups .Id much rather have them in Europe 

League gets priority for me although we should be doing so much better 

Yeah Rapid were shite but we still managed a victory over them which we couldn't do against spartak 

2 mistakes from Tav have fucked us tonight. 2nd one last minute was a shocker sums his season up imo. Of course the leagues more important but we all still get a buzz off a european night and after a 1st half like that got to expect better.

Shite end to what was a good away European performance. I've felt for weeks these defensively lapses were going to hurt us and so it proved against a decent side.

The first goal doesn't happen if Tav just tries to clear it or put it in row Z. Again one of senior players thinks the right thing to do is make a risky pass in our own final third.

The second goal is just fucking horrendous all over, poor decisions and poor application and we really need to fix it.

I still think in the final third we are great and Morelos is just the man!!

In terms of the group we are in a really decent place still. Every one can beat each other. If Feyenoord can beat Porto there is no reason why we can't. If we go into the last game needing to beat Young Boys at Ibrox I fancy us!

I see the usual, find somebody to blame an give them it stinking, after calming down the penny has dropped for me, take this seasons Alfredo Morelos out our team and we are bang average,  he’s the only one who can make something happen, and the only 1 playing below his level at us.

hopefully Kent picks up where he left off and we might have 2 quality players, I like jack, arfield etc but let’s face it you say they are quality footballers to anybody but a Rangers fan an you’ll get ridiculed 

40 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Shite end to what was a good away European performance. I've felt for weeks these defensively lapses were going to hurt us and so it proved against a decent side.

The first goal doesn't happen if Tav just tries to clear it or put it in row Z. Again one of senior players thinks the right thing to do is make a risky pass in our own final third.

The second goal is just fucking horrendous all over, poor decisions and poor application and we really need to fix it.

I still think in the final third we are great and Morelos is just the man!!

In terms of the group we are in a really decent place still. Every one can beat each other. If Feyenoord can beat Porto there is no reason why we can't. If we go into the last game needing to beat Young Boys at Ibrox I fancy us!

A lot in that. A few need to waken up, including the gaffer. Too many errors and lapses. Needs sorted and we go through.

We won't win the Europa League.  We may secure 55 in May.   If we are going to fuck up lets do it in Europe, not that I want us to fuck up anywhere.    We have lost to worse teams on shit pitches, were denied a stonewall penalty and were let down by two defensive howlers.   

We are all pissed off because we should be sitting top of the group on 6 points.   4 teams on 3 points.  All to play for.

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Hard to find positives from a devastating loss but I haven't seen it mentioned - Barisic ( the bleeder ) was good again.

Becoming a very good performer for us, was one of three players who get a pass tonight 

Poor game management; losing a goal in the 92 minute is shocking. The slow tempo we played and the failure to make simple forward passes kept a poor team in the game. Gerrard needs to be on the touch line keeping the team going especially towards the end rather than sitting quietly inside the dug out. The worry is that as always happens we lose or drop points in our final 2 group games.

Archived