***** The Official Young Boys v Rangers Match Thread *****

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

Tav's defensive inadequacy showing to the fore, we need to stop crowing about his goals/assists ratio - which is a poor benchmark to evaluate the defensive worth of a full back, whose primary role is defending.

Flip that and what is the goals/ assists ratio for Arfield, Jack, Davis, Aribo, Ojo, the midfielders and attackers whose job it is to assist and create.

17 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Guy on FF having a go at Gerrard for taking so long to get a replacement on for Ryan Jack.

The ball never went out of play for 5 minutes :lol:

Shagger eventually just hoofed it out.

he could, and should, have hoofed it out 3 minutes earlier, when he had the chance. Bewildering that he chose not to do so.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Flip that and what is the goals/ assists ratio for Arfield, Jack, Davis, Aribo, Ojo, the midfielders and attackers whose job it is to assist and create.

Not good enough and its not up for debate. It's no coincedence that when our front 4 or 5 are at it that our whole defense plays better. Keep saying it, you can't squander possession consistently in Europe and expect your defence to hold out for the whole game.

Just now, thehost said:

he could, and should, have hoofed it out 3 minutes earlier, when he had the chance. Bewildering that he chose not to do so.

No argument from me mate but the poster on FF trying to lay the blame at Gerrards feet just about sums up the reaction to most poor results we get.

4 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Not good enough and its not up for debate. It's no coincedence that when our front 4 or 5 are at it that our whole defense plays better. Keep saying it, you can't squander possession consistently in Europe and expect your defence to hold out for the whole game.

We’re too passive and that’s what happens when you play 4 centre midfielders whose main strength is working hard and keeping it simple.

The onus then falls onto Tav, Barisic and Ojo to create.

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We’re too passive and that’s what happens when you play 4 centre midfielders whose main strength is working hard and keeping it simple.

The onus then falls onto Tav, Barisic and Ojo to create.

Gerrard said it last season half a dozen times at least, our attackers were not doing enough and Tav stepped forward to take the responsibility making something happen.

Ferguson did the same thing. Give me the ball, give me the ball. That's where all that Barry ma baw patter came from.

32 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

SB you can flip it any way you like like but the bottom line is that we wont win anything with a team which cant regularly keep a clean sheet.

3 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

Guy on FF having a go at Gerrard for taking so long to get a replacement on for Ryan Jack.

The ball never went out of play for 5 minutes :lol:

Shagger eventually just hoofed it out.

That's just a regular goal kick for him :lol:

2 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

If we were getting cut apart by quick decisive play I would agree but we aren’t it’s bog standard balls up the channels and even worse long punts. 

Gerrard turning into Tinkerman.  We fucked Aberdeen five going on ten nothing and he changes the team against YB.  Same against celtic.  If Katic played last night I'm sure he would have recovered Tav's blunder. No way Stewart would have been worse than Ojo either. Needs to have a good look at himself in all of this.

Very nice to see the fanaticism at this forum. Pretty similar to the Feyenoord. I like that. 

From my side I would like to inform you that you have not seen a shadow of the 'real' Feyenoord in Glasgow. You don't stand a chance in Rotterdam. Neither against Porto in both matches.

When feyenoord brings a result from Switzerland, Feyenoord and Porto are through.

6 minutes ago, BertKontermanFR said:

Very nice to see the fanaticism at this forum. Pretty similar to the Feyenoord. I like that. 

From my side I would like to inform you that you have not seen a shadow of the 'real' Feyenoord in Glasgow. You don't stand a chance in Rotterdam. Neither against Porto in both matches.

When feyenoord brings a result from Switzerland, Feyenoord and Porto are through.

Fuck Feyenoord.

A day later and I'm still pissed. If King isn't doing it in training then send him back otherwise when our best player at ball retention goes off injured,  then it was time to bring on a 50 cap player who played a huge role in winning the Premiership for leadership. Stewart lost possession at least 3 times. Wrong substitution but it is done with now.

Archived