Sign in to follow this  
bigsasasfloopyhair

***** The Official Young Boys v Rangers Match Thread *****

Hopefully they're the same as Feyenoord and can't live with our press.

Difficulty is the players will need to be self reliant to keep a high tempo with all the stadium being behind the Swiss.

A tough night for sure. Hopefully no injuries on that surface as well!

3 hours ago, TheMotor said:

Young Boys look like a really strong team but so did Midtjylland and we absolutely blootered them

They really didn't look strong. The hype before and after the tie over a decent at best side still astounds me.

Good luck with the bets.

31 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

They really didn't look strong. The hype before and after the tie over a decent at best side still astounds me.

Good luck with the bets.

If midtjyland are decent at best then the overall standard of danish football must be poorer than Scotland as they are currently top of their league after 11 games. 

48 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Good luck with the bets.

We were predicted to run over the top of Leiga but thought they were a much better outfit than Midtylland. 

I think tomorrow will be a very tricky tie for us, however we've seen countless teams unable to cope with our press and if we're brave tomorrow we can take the game to them. We might sneak a win, but I don't think we should be upset with a draw. 

Blumhoilann and Rangers_no1 like this

1 hour ago, Brubear said:

If midtjyland are decent at best then the overall standard of danish football must be poorer than Scotland as they are currently top of their league after 11 games. 

The standard is poor imo. Esbjerg were knocked out in Q2 by side from Belarus. 

Brondby tbf lost to Braga who are a good side but not one who scores often and they hit 7 over both legs. We hit 7 going on 10+ in our tie and rest of the league hardly score against them.

Copenhagen are the only 'good' side but are nowhere the side they were previously . Wouldn't call any Danish side 'really good' especially Midjtylland. 

51 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

We were predicted to run over the top of Leiga but thought they were a much better outfit than Midtylland. 

I think tomorrow will be a very tricky tie for us, however we've seen countless teams unable to cope with our press and if we're brave tomorrow we can take the game to them. We might sneak a win, but I don't think we should be upset with a draw. 

I said pre Legia tie that albeit they struggle to score, overall they are superior to the Danes. Think both ties proved that. For some strange reason Legia are not rated on here and people believe a side we demolished whilst in 3rd gear at Ibrox are better than the Poles.

Young Boys is a step up but being an attacking side that could play into our hands especially with the injuries. A draw tomorrow would be the second best away result we have had under Gerrard imo. A win would be superb.

Brubear likes this

1 hour ago, Leeds_Bear said:

How were we predicted to run over the top of Legia?  At the start of this season Legia had a UEFA club coefficient ranking of #61.  They’ve done consistently well in Europe over the last 5 years.  We did very well to beat them.  Young Boys are only a few places higher than them at #56.

FC Midtjylland were a good side as well.  A big physical team with good players spread throughout.  I think they sold a guy for £7m after we played them.  

4 minutes ago, TMB said:

How were we predicted to run over the top of Legia?  At the start of this season Legia has a UEFA club coefficient ranking officials #61.  They’ve done consistently well in Europe over the last 5 years.  We did very well to beat them.  Young Boys are only a few places higher than them at #56.

On here many were saying Legia were poor and Q4 was easier than Q3 prior to the tie.

The Danes didn't have good players spread about either in my view. 2/3 were good that's about it.

29 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

They are.

Then why do they have so many UEFA coefficient points?  Why are they ranked so highly?  This is a team that has performed consistently well in European competition over the last 5 years.

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

Then why do they have so many UEFA coefficient points?  Why are they ranked so highly?  This is a team that has performed consistently well in European competition over the last 5 years.

By that you mean a CL group which they dropped into the EL and got put out straight away and EL group.

17 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

By that you mean a CL group which they dropped into the EL and got put out straight away and EL group.

I mean of all clubs in Europe Legia are ranked #61 based on their last 5 years of performance.  That must mean they’ve been doing consistently well.  That ranking might change next season after we parped them out but they’re not a poor team.  Feyenoord are ranked lower than Legia at #71 but they’re a good team too.

I think many of our fans don’t realise how good we’ve been playing.  23 games in Europe since Gerrard took over, we’ve lost twice, we’re coming up against some very highly ranked sides.  

4 minutes ago, TMB said:

I mean of all clubs in Europe Legia are ranked #61 based on their last 5 years of performance.  That must mean they’ve been doing consistently well.  That ranking might change next season after we parped them out but they’re not a poor team.  Feyenoord are ranked lower than Legia at #71 but they’re a good team too.

I think many of our fans don’t realise how good we’ve been playing.  23 games in Europe since Gerrard took over, we’ve lost twice, we’re coming up against some very highly ranked sides.  

They're 79th, Feyenoord are 95th...

11 minutes ago, TMB said:

Midtylland are 102/103(will drop lower) and have been in Europe each of the last 6 seasons which is a woeful ranking on that basis. So why do you claim they are a good side with numerous good players? 

4 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Cunts are in for a shock if they think tomorrow will be anything other than a nervous watch for us. I’d take a draw just now tbh!

Agreed 100%, the fact so many people are saying it's going to be a 0-2 win means I can see some unhappy bears tomorrow

Take a draw right now, anything we get from the away games is a positive, look to win all 3 at Ibrox and hopefully nick a point or 2 away, would easily be enough to qualify 

2 hours ago, TMB said:

How were we predicted to run over the top of Legia?  At the start of this season Legia had a UEFA club coefficient ranking of #61.  

Loads of people on here were saying they were a worse team than the Danes.