***** The Official Young Boys v Rangers Match Thread *****

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

They are.

Then why do they have so many UEFA coefficient points?  Why are they ranked so highly?  This is a team that has performed consistently well in European competition over the last 5 years.

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

Then why do they have so many UEFA coefficient points?  Why are they ranked so highly?  This is a team that has performed consistently well in European competition over the last 5 years.

By that you mean a CL group which they dropped into the EL and got put out straight away and EL group.

17 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

By that you mean a CL group which they dropped into the EL and got put out straight away and EL group.

I mean of all clubs in Europe Legia are ranked #61 based on their last 5 years of performance.  That must mean they’ve been doing consistently well.  That ranking might change next season after we parped them out but they’re not a poor team.  Feyenoord are ranked lower than Legia at #71 but they’re a good team too.

I think many of our fans don’t realise how good we’ve been playing.  23 games in Europe since Gerrard took over, we’ve lost twice, we’re coming up against some very highly ranked sides.  

4 minutes ago, TMB said:

I mean of all clubs in Europe Legia are ranked #61 based on their last 5 years of performance.  That must mean they’ve been doing consistently well.  That ranking might change next season after we parped them out but they’re not a poor team.  Feyenoord are ranked lower than Legia at #71 but they’re a good team too.

I think many of our fans don’t realise how good we’ve been playing.  23 games in Europe since Gerrard took over, we’ve lost twice, we’re coming up against some very highly ranked sides.  

They're 79th, Feyenoord are 95th...

4 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Cunts are in for a shock if they think tomorrow will be anything other than a nervous watch for us. I’d take a draw just now tbh!

Agreed 100%, the fact so many people are saying it's going to be a 0-2 win means I can see some unhappy bears tomorrow

Take a draw right now, anything we get from the away games is a positive, look to win all 3 at Ibrox and hopefully nick a point or 2 away, would easily be enough to qualify 

30 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Loads of people on here were saying they were a worse team than the Danes.

I think the Midtjylland and Legia were both good teams and we’re probably on similar budgets.  A few years ago we were knocked out by Progres think of how far we’ve come.  

6 minutes ago, RoboBear said:

Seems strange that we opted out of a training seesion on the pitch. Surely it would have been good to get a feel for it before the game????

They nearly all play the same and fuck risking injury training. 

We also have a state of the art one at the HTC so probably just used that one 

Archived