***** The Official Young Boys v Rangers Match Thread *****

2 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

Gerrard would. It's his mentality.

From what he said in the press conference I get the feeling he's expecting this to be another backs to the wall away game and I think if he was given the option of taking a point now he would.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, BillStruthBear said:

Bit nervous. Think this will be a really tough game and actually, possible our toughest game in the whole group. A win wouldn't surprise me but equally, I'd not be shocked to see us lose.

This won't be our toughest game in the group

4 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

Confidence is high at the moment and I can see us getting a draw or with a bit of luck the win.

Reckon it will be between us and them for second place behind Porto in the group to be honest.Ā 

The Porto fan I work with actually thinks we might finish top ahead of them because he doesn't feel they're taking the competition that seriously.Ā 

9 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

This won't be our toughest game in the group

We'll see. They don't loseĀ many games on their own ground. Porto are nowhere near the team they once were and if you look at their squad it's almost unrecognisable. We already know we can match Feyenoord.

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

A Portuguese welder living in Northern Ireland sounds like the plot of a terrible comedy film about the troubles.

:lol:

Hes some fella.

Between us and celtic he supports us because celtic remind him of Sporting Lisbon but I tell him it's because he's called Bruno and he was named after Bruno Alves when he played for Rangers which makes fuck all senseĀ 

35 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The Porto fan I work with actually thinks we might finish top ahead of them because he doesn't feel they're taking the competition that seriously.Ā 

Hopefully he is right and they beat the scum Feyenoord tonight before taking it easy for the next couple of gamesĀ :tu:

I think the knockout two-leg affair suits our set-up much better in European competition, I would fancy us strongly against all three teams in this league if it were that.

We seem to underestimate ourselves and are over cautious sometimes in these one off games, especially away from home.

The fact this team has CL experience is being over exaggerated imo.Ā 

The tarriers have CL experience and we expect to beat them ffs.

Ā 

7 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Any chance we might play edmundson in front of the defence tonight to help cover tav or barasic going forward and extra height at cornersĀ 

Got a feeling that might be why he was brought on late against Aberdeen mate, in preparation for tonight

Archived