Sign in to follow this  
bigsasasfloopyhair

***** The Official Young Boys v Rangers Match Thread *****

3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Never settle for anything less than a win 

just saying like

Do you go with that even if it were Bayern or Barca away? Don't think you would but I see your theory

4 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

Do you go with that even if it were Bayern or Barca away? Don't think you would but I see your theory

Gerrard would. It's his mentality.

34 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

I'm similar. Finish work at 5pm and have a 32 mile drive home via M1 northbound. So hopefully have me in time for kick off.

Even worse is the fact the wife is having a wee birthday party for us and the kids. Steak is on the menu so I'm going to be cooking and listening/watching at the same time. 

Fancy us to get at least a point. But have a sneaky feeling we are suited to catching teams in Europe and as long as we are tight at the back then a win is not beyond us. 

Kick off time is defintley a bit of a pain! Especially when you haven't got BT and need to thumble about trying to find a dodgy stream 😂 hopefully all goes well and you don't burn the steak trying to multi task pal! Given myself the night off from the gym so couple of steak burgers for myself and hopefully a win for us, a draw wouldn't be the worst result depending on how the game goes. Think we will be in a really good position to progress with a win. Would be brilliant to see us get into the knock out stages. 

TEFTONG likes this

Would take a draw. Think they’ll be better than we expect, they’ve got champions league experience plus add the fact our busy schedule, no fans and we’re not the best of plastic parks. 

A positive to take from the plastic park is that we are slightly more accustomed to is as 3 teams in our league have it. Porto or Feyenoord don't play on it like we do so we don't have to adjust to it as much as they may when they play YB at away. 

40 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

"We are coming here to try to win the game and do everything we can to do that, but it is important that we take something away from this fixture and try to build on the three points we started with."

Seems he would settle for something less than a win. He's right too, look for the win but a draw would still be a positive result away from home against the group's 2nd seeded team.

richles1872 likes this

31 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

A positive to take from the plastic park is that we are slightly more accustomed to is as 3 teams in our league have it. Porto or Feyenoord don't play on it like we do so we don't have to adjust to it as much as they may when they play YB at away. 

Rangers train on a plastic pitch at the Hummel Training Centre.  Ideally the game would be played on grass but I don’t think the surface is something our players are strangers to.

Think this might be a tougher game than we think, hoping the players don't see it that way but I still think we can come away with a good result.

2-1 to the famous

Shagger

Tav, Goldson, Helander, Barisic

Jack, Davis, Kamara

Ojo, Arfield

Buffalo 

Bit nervous. Think this will be a really tough game and actually, possible our toughest game in the whole group. A win wouldn't surprise me but equally, I'd not be shocked to see us lose.

2 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

From what he said in the press conference I get the feeling he's expecting this to be another backs to the wall away game and I think if he was given the option of taking a point now he would.

10 minutes ago, BillStruthBear said:

Bit nervous. Think this will be a really tough game and actually, possible our toughest game in the whole group. A win wouldn't surprise me but equally, I'd not be shocked to see us lose.

This won't be our toughest game in the group

OhW and ForeverAndEver like this

Confidence is high at the moment and I can see us getting a draw or with a bit of luck the win.

Reckon it will be between us and them for second place behind Porto in the group to be honest. 

4 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

Confidence is high at the moment and I can see us getting a draw or with a bit of luck the win.

Reckon it will be between us and them for second place behind Porto in the group to be honest. 

The Porto fan I work with actually thinks we might finish top ahead of them because he doesn't feel they're taking the competition that seriously. 

Darth Bear likes this

9 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

This won't be our toughest game in the group

We'll see. They don't lose many games on their own ground. Porto are nowhere near the team they once were and if you look at their squad it's almost unrecognisable. We already know we can match Feyenoord.

2 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

I never take my seat expecting a draw or defeat. 

Just the way I roll

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

A Portuguese welder living in Northern Ireland sounds like the plot of a terrible comedy film about the troubles.

:lol:

Hes some fella.

Between us and celtic he supports us because celtic remind him of Sporting Lisbon but I tell him it's because he's called Bruno and he was named after Bruno Alves when he played for Rangers which makes fuck all sense 

35 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The Porto fan I work with actually thinks we might finish top ahead of them because he doesn't feel they're taking the competition that seriously. 

Hopefully he is right and they beat the scum Feyenoord tonight before taking it easy for the next couple of games :tu: