Food bank collection v Hamilton Sun 6th October

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

I just think things like this are always set up with the intention of helping people in genuine need but end up being hijacked by chancers.

Like anything else in life it is open to abuse but it does help those in need when they have nowhere else to turn.

9 hours ago, 2nd Flute said:

No one who lives in the UK should need a food bank, plenty of jobs, get your self working, the dole? can't be that bad, cunts turning up in dingheys every other day.

I agree. But the government are making a cunt of it with universal credit, medical assessments, the gig economy, zero hours contracts and not forcing employers to pay a wage that sustains people, therefor leading to in work poverty. So, until such times as the government decides it would like to become even remotely competent on these issues, there will be a need for food banks, sadly. 

11 hours ago, 2nd Flute said:

Aye,and drive to the food bank,fuckin jokers, get there arse out of bed,and get a fucking job

I am not happy with this comment and thought better of you.  I know a few veterans that have had to use these food banks and it's not for the want of getting their backsides out of bed to get a job. They can barely afford their cars but need them to get to job interviews. 

3 hours ago, Ivybank said:

The snp could have wiped out food banks in seconds

cost of food banks 14 million

cost of Gaelic signage on councils/roads/police cars etc 32 million

people using food banks 5per cent of population

people speaking Gaelic 0.7 per cent of population

good old snp logic

While I agree gaelic signs are a nonsense and waste of money, if your figures are correct, then the signage would pay for food banks for just over 2 years, no more. 

It also wouldn't wipe out food banks - people will still be poor and hungry. 

While the SNP logic is often a bit daft, your's is right up there with it. A career at Holyrood awaits you. 

10 minutes ago, left winger said:

While I agree gaelic signs are a nonsense and waste of money, if your figures are correct, then the signage would pay for food banks for just over 2 years, no more. 

It also wouldn't wipe out food banks - people will still be poor and hungry. 

While the SNP logic is often a bit daft, your's is right up there with it. A career at Holyrood awaits you. 

While I agree that it would only pay for food banks for 2 years and people would still be in poverty after that, the snp have, are and will continue to make a right rip roaring cunt of governing the country. Endless  failed targets in education, healthcare etc all in their quest to gain independence at all costs.

7 minutes ago, murzo said:

While I agree that it would only pay for food banks for 2 years and people would still be in poverty after that, the snp have, are and will continue to make a right rip roaring cunt of governing the country. Endless  failed targets in education, healthcare etc all in their quest to gain independence at all costs.

Yip. 

11 hours ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

I've got a relative who volunteers at one, and she loves to tell all the poor me stories. My Grandad pops in to see her sometimes, and gives a different perspective all together.

:lol:

I'm sure there's a small amount of people who genuinely need to use them, but most are smackheads etc who just take the piss. 

I agree with this...there is an element of pisstakers....unfortunately when you are volunteering for this type of thing, opinions and thoughts aren't allowed to come into it. Everyone and anyone...

15 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Sometimes, just sometimes, when you have got fuck all helpful to say - it is indeed better to say fuck all. Most of the posts in here fall into that category.

It'd be helpful if fat free loaders stop hogging resources so people who need it can get it.

15 hours ago, HuistraHairDo said:

I know a lad who’s unemployed as fuck, was in a motorcycle accident 30 yr ago hasn’t worked since, they stopped his benefit in February and he had zero money, had to sell stuff out his house to live.

The foodbank was a god send for him.

he got it all back paid couple of week ago but the lad was on his arse.

In this day and age in the Uk we shouldn’t need food banks, but the politicians are fuckin idiots so what can you do?

We don’t need food banks, it’s just became politicised by the left who are full of self guilt. People need trained in how to make food affordable and healthy by preparing and cooking for themselves., it’s really quite simple.

i do agree I’d the chap you are talking about is genuine he should be helped. Unfortunately food banks are frequented by chancers

4 hours ago, AlCapone said:

We don’t need food banks, it’s just became politicised by the left who are full of self guilt. People need trained in how to make food affordable and healthy by preparing and cooking for themselves., it’s really quite simple.

i do agree I’d the chap you are talking about is genuine he should be helped. Unfortunately food banks are frequented by chancers

And the solution? Make sure people who need help are getting the help? Nope. More tax.

8 hours ago, Skelf said:

SNP want foodbanks to exist 

You better believe it mate, and if they ever get independence, all of us who work will be visiting food banks, while they bring in their 500,000 immigrants, I'm pretty sure a day will come when these bastards hang for what they are doing to Scotland. 

6 hours ago, AlCapone said:

It’s all about statistics and numbers for the politicians they really don’t give two fucks, your right we don’t need them and should be better educated on food in this country and I agree most of the ppl who use them are chancers and smack rats but there are ppl out there who really need them. 

If he’s genuine? :lol: No I’m gonna make it up just for this thread on RM ya madman.

btw this is in England can’t even blame the SNP

Archived