Food bank collection v Hamilton Sun 6th October

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 01/10/2019 at 08:27, left winger said:

While I agree gaelic signs are a nonsense and waste of money, if your figures are correct, then the signage would pay for food banks for just over 2 years, no more. 

It also wouldn't wipe out food banks - people will still be poor and hungry. 

While the SNP logic is often a bit daft, your's is right up there with it. A career at Holyrood awaits you. 

Throw in the £50m written off for Ferguson shipyards and the £40m for prestwick airport and that buys a lot of tins of beans. £5m to Malawi is not a good idea if your own people are starving. As has already been said food banks are a publicity stunt by left wing nutters.

On 01/10/2019 at 08:24, Sweettartangirl said:

I am not happy with this comment and thought better of you.  I know a few veterans that have had to use these food banks and it's not for the want of getting their backsides out of bed to get a job. They can barely afford their cars but need them to get to job interviews. 

There are numerous places for veterans to get help and why do people need a car to go to job interviews?  All very dramatic!! 

32 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Throw in the £50m written off for Ferguson shipyards and the £40m for prestwick airport and that buys a lot of tins of beans. £5m to Malawi is not a good idea if your own people are starving. As has already been said food banks are a publicity stunt by left wing nutters.

As has already been said incorrectly.

1 hour ago, Dickie said:

We hear about the homeless and yet the Scottish government are blocking a landlord from changing the locks on premises being occupied by illegal immigrants,who are using the food banks.
Everything they touch turns rotten.
Publicity stunts at there worst.

On 01/10/2019 at 02:24, Sweettartangirl said:

I am not happy with this comment and thought better of you.  I know a few veterans that have had to use these food banks and it's not for the want of getting their backsides out of bed to get a job. They can barely afford their cars but need them to get to job interviews. 

Need their cars to get to job interviews? Annual roadtax, insurance, mot, and fuel is more important than feeding youself and family?  Thats a massive outgoing and poor prioritisation. Saying that, you dont want to have to lug the carrier bags around, an inconveinance. Easier to fire them in the boot of the motor. 

When my parents fell on hard times years  ago, the first thing to go was my old mans car. He used public transport until fortunes changed and he was able to afford the luxury of having a car again, but not before we were fed. 

4 hours ago, Rambo1872 said:

Need their cars to get to job interviews? Annual roadtax, insurance, mot, and fuel is more important than feeding youself and family?  Thats a massive outgoing and poor prioritisation. Saying that, you dont want to have to lug the carrier bags around, an inconveinance. Easier to fire them in the boot of the motor. 

When my parents fell on hard times years  ago, the first thing to go was my old mans car. He used public transport until fortunes changed and he was able to afford the luxury of having a car again, but not before we were fed. 

Here he is...

Iirc you can’t just wonder in and help yourself to food like a Tesco metro. 

You have to be referred by a supporting  agency who have a better understanding of your needs. 

There are some controls in place to stop it being abused. 

I’ll be donating 

Archived