Rangers will have fans at Young Boys clash

.Williamson.

Rangers will have supporters in the ground for the Europa League clash with Young Boys on Thursday night.

That's despite the club refusing to take any tickets as part of their attempts to clamp down on sectarian singing which occurred during qualifying rounds

Incidents against St Joseph's and Legia Warsaw led to sections of Ibrox being shut for games against the Polish side and Feyenoord.

Rangers fans had already snapped up hospitality packages and three-game deals from Young Boys to ensure they could get into the Stade de Suisse stadium.

But with only around 26,000 tickets sold for the 32,000-stadium, Young Boys are now directly selling tickets to Rangers fans already in Switzerland without any restrictions meaning Steven Gerrard's men will have some support.

And it's believed they will offer the Rangers fans dotted around the stadium to go into a section they have created for them.

A Young Boys spokesman said: "The mixing of fans is not a problem as long as everyone sticks to the rules.

"We have estimated around 600 Rangers fans will be in the stadium tonight and we don't envisage any problems."

600 odd is a right turnout for a support that received no tickets for a game in Switzerland

9 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Awaits statement from the club condemning the fans. 

The  Club did the right thing under the circumstances.    They made a move which probably prevented the Feyenoord game having to be played behind closed doors.   

4 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

The  Club did the right thing under the circumstances.    They made a move which probably prevented the Feyenoord game having to be played behind closed doors.   

Until I get that in writing from UEFA, I’m going to call bullshite on that. 

More like the Board did it to cover up their massive fuck up. 

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Sensible approach from a football club that wants the fans to have a great time and watch the football. 

BF9EB0F1-BE4D-4503-8908-0ECB5C01992A.gif

We were well accommodated in Vienna last year too.

Cant speak highly enough of how we were treated in Moscow by Spartak officials and the police either.

Will never catch on in Scotland.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

We were well accommodated in Vienna last year too.

Cant speak highly enough of how we were treated in Moscow by Spartak officials and the police either.

Will never catch on in Scotland.

Only place I’ve had bother from the police is France & Spain, shower of cunts. 

See the difference between clubs in Europe and in this cesspit of a country? It's night & day. St Jo's congratulating us on making the group stages. FC Midgieland staff wearing our colours at their home game,  now this. Sure we also had great receptions by the away sides last season.

Can we move to Europe please??

Now that the word is out, I'd expect at least 1000 there! 

1 minute ago, TEFTONG said:

The dedication and love our support continues to show that it should never be taken for granted. Let's hope Robertson/King doesn't have a pop at Loyal Bears for showing up.

I doubt very much they understand anything about the fans to be honest. 

Archived