Welcome back Tavernier

GOAT

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Tav had an off night.  To blame with both goals.   Hopefully some honest conversations with Gerrard and we move on.   SG really needs to look at alternative options at RB.   Tav should be rested on Sunday.

He's having an off season tbf. So far anyway.

I still can’t believe he tried a fucking nutmeg pass to Goldson on the edge of our box after doing the hard part of winning the ball. Of all the terrible decisions he could’ve made in that position that was the absolute worst

Tav on his day is unplayable... but he is inconsistent and that game shows he still has that massive flaw in his game where he loses concentration. 

I’ve never hidden my respect when he plays well but i’ve always criticised when he does not like most of the team. As captain though I expect so much more.   My only hope is Gerrard will coach him going forward as those mistakes could cost us a whole lot more in the future. 

23 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Thread is an absolute car crash. Personal insults all over the place because we can't agree on whether Tav is shite or not.

To be honest I think it needs talking about. Nobody can say Tav had a good game, nobody can say he's had a good season so far.

If something isn't done, a 'rest' or whatever the message that sends to the squad is that poor performances will be tolerated by the manager, just because he's the club captain. Wheels come off the whole thing.

49 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He's having an off season tbf. So far anyway.

It says a lot about the standard Tavernier is held to that three goals and six assists so far (from rightback as well) is considered an “off season” for him.

I know he’s missed a couple of penalties and made two glaring mistakes the night, but still. That’s pretty decent to say the least.

I wonder if him performing so well last season and getting such a ridiculous amount of goals and assists has now become a bit of an albatross around his neck.

7 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

To be honest I think it needs talking about. Nobody can say Tav had a good game, nobody can say he's had a good season so far.

If something isn't done, a 'rest' or whatever the message that sends to the squad is that poor performances will be tolerated by the manager, just because he's the club captain. Wheels come off the whole thing.

I disagree with that part. It seems to be that nobody can say he had a bad game or that he's had a bad season so far without folk on this forum taking it almost as a personal insult.

He cost us that game tonight with his mistakes. It's not the first time he's been targeted by a team because they've identified him as our weak link either. Feyenoord tried it at Ibrox too and carved out a few opportunities down his side.

Some on here have it in for him whether he has a good game or not though and because of that we've now got folk on this forum who point blank refuse to acknowledge his mistakes and look for someone else to blame. Hence why we've ended up with a thread full of arguments.

11 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

It says a lot about the standard Tavernier is held to that three goals and six assists so far (from rightback as well) is considered an “off season” for him.

I know he’s missed a couple of penalties and made two glaring mistakes the night, but still. That’s pretty decent to say the least.

I wonder if him performing so well last season and getting such a ridiculous amount of goals and assists has now become a bit of an albatross around his neck.

I should have probably elaborated on that.

He's having an off season defensively. He's still contributing going forward and I'd expect him to hit double figures in goals and assists again this season, defensively though he's the weak link in our back 4. Even more so since Barisic came on to a game.

18 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Like for the Coleridge analogy.

Ya mad bastard.

4 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I should have probably elaborated on that.

He's having an off season defensively. He's still contributing going forward and I'd expect him to hit double figures in goals and assists again this season, defensively though he's the weak link in our back 4. Even more so since Barisic came on to a game.

I suppose that’s the sacrifice we have to make if we want the assists that he gives us.

Usually it won’t cost us, sadly it did big time tonight. I think Jack going off contributed massively, as he usually can cover for Tavernier when he has a brain fart. I don’t think it’s ever really an issue against teams outwith celtic and decent European sides as we usually dominate on the ball and those other teams don’t have the chance to get at him.

I’d say Barisic is the happy medium between Tavernier and Flanagan, he may not do as much up front as Tavernier does but he seems to be better at the defensive stuff.

Tavernier definitely needs a rest though, it can’t be good for him playing every single game almost entirely uninterrupted for three or four seasons and he definitely seems to be less sharp compared to what he was like last season.

4 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

I suppose that’s the sacrifice we have to make if we want the assists that he gives us.

Usually it won’t cost us, sadly it did big time tonight. I think Jack going off contributed massively, as he usually can cover for Tavernier when he has a brain fart. I don’t think it’s ever really an issue against teams outwith celtic and decent European sides as we usually dominate on the ball and those other teams don’t have the chance to get at him.

I’d say Barisic is the happy medium between Tavernier and Flanagan, he may not do as much up front as Tavernier does but he seems to be better at the defensive stuff.

Tavernier definitely needs a rest though, it can’t be good for him playing every single game almost entirely uninterrupted for three or four seasons and he definitely seems to be less sharp compared to what he was like last season.

Hamilton at home on Sunday. I'd say that's a perfect opportunity to drop Tav to give him a rest and give Polster his chance in the team. If Polster can't get a game after Tav's showing tonight then the game's a bogey for him.

9 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

12 pages and this is the best post ---- some cunts have there negative opinions and threads ready before the games are even over --- and often before they even start 

pope and the ira btw

They live for it imo 

Cost us 3 points tonight, pretty much won us 3 points against Killie. Stepped us to take penalty on Sunday.

Also everyone greeting about the piggery game, he also assisted the goal. 

He was completely in the wrong tonight but cunts need to grow up wanting him punted.

I would love Gerrard to play Polster for 4-5 games and see how people would react. 

8 hours ago, GA1972 said:

Think you’ll find my post was doing anything but saying he’s a bad player but that he’s been poorly managed .Watch him and tell me he looks as quick and sharp as he did last season. His spot in the team is guaranteed just now as well so there’s no consequences for his mistakes.

In football these days we always talk about managing players fitness and rotating the squad so why is it OK for a player who’s practically playing 2 positions to be playing every single minute of football in what’s about a 60 game season.

Tav is super fit but even the fittest athletes need a rest from time to time 

It’s the international break now - he’s gets his rest 

We win as a team and lose as a team.

im old school and was brought up to respect Rangers players especially captains. 

Kind of glad we didn’t have forums or internet from 79 thru to 85, some real legends would have been cut to the bone   John Greig and Davie Cooper spring to mind. 

Just now, kplfishtank said:

We win as a team and lose as a team.

im old school and was brought up to respect Rangers players especially captains. 

Kind of glad we didn’t have forums or internet from 79 thru to 85, some real legends would have been cut to the bone   John Greig and Davie Cooper spring to mind. 

Wee waens stuff imo mate 

Just now, kplfishtank said:

I seen on Facebook the captain was a cunt, bastard , wanker, prick , useless and no better than Ricky Foster.  I kid you not we have the most bipolar support in the world 

It's fucking embarrassing. Hate some of our "support"

He fucked up last night but nobody will be hurting more than him 

Archived